LegacyGT.com

when I reply I can't see the tread anymore

coxx

Any time I reply to a thread I can't see that thread under new posts or my subscribed threads until someone else replies to it. I can however go to whatever forum it's in & see it. Just not under new posts or in my user CP. Anyone else have this problem & does anyone know how to fix it?
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

There is no "fix" its the new settings of the site.

man that sucks.

Ok, then my "suggestion" is to make it the way it was :lol: Why do I have the feeling the answer is gonna be a "NO"?

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

^^thanks for the link. I didn't realize they were talking about the same thing

Yep, the more I've used the new system, the more I prefer it. No more am I forced to sit and read 300-1000 posts when I log in, less they be lost if I don't finish in the 30 minutes. I can pop on anytime, any computer, read what I need to read, and all the new posts are still tracked in the database for when I come back. For myself and the moderators, its a godsend.

Also, I can understand people wanting to see their new post but... 1) its not new to you, 2) it's under "quick links -> subscribed threads" and... 3) if you went away from your desk for 30 minutes, it was gone anyways.

cool. I just was used to it being the other way. I'm not big on change :lol:

They also disappear after you have viewed them once, so if you read a thread, then decide to make a post in it later, you have to go and find it, or wait until someone else makes a post, so that it comes back to the new posts.

thats the biggest issue i see. the quick links is fine if you are subscribed to the tread, if not then start looking. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Honestly Tide, I liked it the old way better. Probably mostly because I'd gotten used to it that way but a few others here seem to have the same issue. Since I think we're in the minority & the majority of people like the new way better I'm not gonna keep going on about it. Since you asked, I figured I'd let you know my take on it.

i click on "new posts" wait 15 sec. then go to "quick links > todays posts" it looks exactly like the "new posts" page . is this correct? just checking. btw i am starting to get use to the new system. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived