LegacyGT.com

Help!! Window chalk......

So the other day my girlfriend wrote the usual I love you and stuff on my 2 rear door windows. Well it was fine, it's considered as sweet, right?:icon_bigg So anyways that night it rained, and the chalk kinda ran down my window, and a little bit got on my door. I rubbed the chalk off my windows the next morning, and figured the rest would come off when I washed it. Well yesterday I washed my car, and when I got to the white stuff on the window seal at the bottom of my window, it wouldn't come off!! I scrubbed for at least 5 minutes on each side and no progress was being made. Some of the chalk is on my door too, but it comes off with a little elbow grease. But it's like the black rubber is stained now? Is there anything I can use to remove this stuff? :icon_conf

:needpics:

Seriously. Post pictures of the damage and you will probably get some advice. It is hard to diagnose car care issues without pictures. My initial impression is that you aren't scrubbing right. I would recomend using a tooth brush. If wiping doesn't work then typically you need to go with something a little more agressive. A tooth brush won't damage your trim, but it will do a good job cleaning what simple wiping can't do. However, I would need to see pictures to know what kind of rubber we are dealing with.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 4 weeks later...
I had the same problem on my old car (01 Ford Focus) when i used the glass chalk on it for my graduation...it came off the windows and the paint just fine but it stayed on black rubber. No matter what i did or used it didnt come off...it was still on the car when i traded it in. :confused:

Guest *Jedimaster*
The sandpaper will work, but my money is on rubbing alcohol followed by black trim renewer. Withhold sex for a month...that'll teach her.

Yeah, that shit doesn't work- they can hold out way longer than us.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah you're right, I should have said withhold snuggling, new purses, new shoes and chick flicks for a month.

:lol:

I withhold all niceness. My catch phrase is "When you go down, we'll go out on the town".

Guest *Jedimaster*
Jedi's wedding vows: "Act sweet and I'll treat you right; Talk slick and I'll beat you right"

:lol:

At least I've stopped beating her for missed phone messages.

Archived