LegacyGT.com

Rear anti-sway Bar for 2005-06 OBW

WmCraven

I installed a 2005 LGT rear anti-sway bar on my 2006 2.5i OBW over the weekend. The improvement in handling and steering was immediate and remarkable. :icon_bigg

The car tracks MUCH better through sweeping turns and is more sensitive at highway speeds. The rear now feels more stiff over independent bumps and the steering is more neutral and precise. Gone is the vague feel waiting for the front tires to 'hook up' in the turn and the rear tires now feel like they stay under the car through the turn. This is the rear anti-sway bar that the OBW should have come with from the factory!!!

There may be more that can be done to improve the handling of the OBW but this is a great improvement for under $50, a couple of wrenches, a floor jack and an hour's work.

Near as I can measure, the stock OBW 2.5i RASB is about 13-14mm compared to the LGT RASB at about 16mm. The difference in OD is not huge but the results of the swap are remarkable.

Interesting. So OB has smaller diameter bar than Legacy 2.5i. It seems like the LGT stock bar I have lying around is actually worth something for OB owners...

Will- glad to see you're enjoying the BAR!! It's nice to know that stock LGT parts can help out/upgrade other Subie models!! Also nice to know that my leggie's stock parts are here on the eastcoast, the midwest and the west coast!!:icon_bigg
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

USDM LGT is 16mm, LOBW 15. Noticable difference.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Thanks Lizard.

Your stock LGT bar worked like a charm in my OBW. Even my wife can feel the difference in the way our car handles.

The mod cures the deficiencies without adding harshness to the ride.

:icon_bigg

• 4 weeks later...
Does the Outback XT already have the larger bar? I sure could use better handling!!![/b]

I can't answer for the XT RASB OD size. I suspect it is the same as stock on the 2.5i but you will not know for sure without checking it yourself.

I used my set of Metric open end wrences as feeler gauges. They are not very precise but will give you rough sizes for the bar OD.

Archived