LegacyGT.com

any good Audi site?

Last night when my father and his driver tried to open the same door simultaneously - one from inside and the other outside, the door opened a little bit then closed itself automatically (computer-controlled FTL) and wouldn't open since then! :mad: We tried all buttons (including the child-safety thing) and remotes but nothing worked... took it to the dealer this morning but as usual they were clueless and wanted to cut the thing apart to replace it... for ~$3K :rolleyes:

Does anybody know any good Audi forum where I can check if there is any cheap solution to this problem?

The car is 1.5yr old w/ ~10K miles, but freaking Audi China offers only one year warranty. http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

This Space For Rent

Can you reset the ECU like on the LGT? That might reset all the electronics.

I thought about that earlier, but his driver was afraid that would reset too many things. He will ask the dealer tomorrow morning.

This Space For Rent

Thanks guys.

The dealer said disconnecting the battery may reset some critical components. Also, same problem has happened once when the car was brand new, but it went away after one week. :iam:

This Space For Rent

Archived