LegacyGT.com

Warminster AutoX 7/16

mwiener2

Video --> [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8655542197215043967]AutoCross 7-16-06 - Google Video[/ame] <-- Video

I ran. I sucked. I left.

First run I killed a buch of cones then decided to go slow the rest of the way to learn the course....i went off course.

Second run was clean and fast. 71sec forgot to turn on camera

third run was good too 70 sec but I hit a cone

Fourth run was my fastest overall, but I hit a cone. 69sec and the camera lens cover closed halfway through.

i've come to the conclusion that the video camera gods hate.

I had my GPS on for my first run and I plotted it into GoogleEarth. It's a little off, as is it makes it look like I was running in the parking lot instead of down the runway. But cool nevertheless.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/mwiener2/ATX.jpg

Videos coming soon

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Good to see you there. It was a tough course. I ran a 66.xxx and my co-driver ran a 64.xxx. The course was technical, fast, and tight. Not to mention is was boiling hot. Our tires were completely cooked after 3 runs each...we had to water them down.

I'm uploading videos now.

Got my videos up. My 4th run:

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6463673744736675427&hl=en]7/16/06 Philly SCCA Autocross, Nick's Run #4 - Google Video[/ame]

Paul's 4th run (2 seconds faster than mine):

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8524827355756316667&hl=en]7/16/06 Philly SCCA Autocross, Paul's Run #4 - Google Video[/ame]

Got my videos up. My 4th run:

7/16/06 Philly SCCA Autocross, Nick's Run #4 - Google Video

Paul's 4th run (2 seconds faster than mine):

7/16/06 Philly SCCA Autocross, Paul's Run #4 - Google Video

Nick, is the M3 fully prepped for STU?? Is there a link for the results posted up yet?

How long have you and Paul have been autoxing just curious.. do you guys ever come down to the AI events at Ripken Stadium?

edit: nm, found it: http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/results/2006/SO071606.TXT

from the looks of the results and the videos, there's a lot of time out there.. I see Cory Ridgick and Cy Lee running 59s and 60s.. I think my GT would do something near a low 61 or 60 in that case. I see a lot of famous names running in the Philly region, you guys have some fast drivers out there..

Keefe

Nick, is the M3 fully prepped for STU?? Is there a link for the results posted up yet?

How long have you and Paul have been autoxing just curious.. do you guys ever come down to the AI events at Ripken Stadium?

edit: nm, found it: http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/results/2006/SO071606.TXT

from the looks of the results and the videos, there's a lot of time out there.. I see Cory Ridgick and Cy Lee running 59s and 60s.. I think my GT would do something near a low 61 or 60 in that case. I see a lot of famous names running in the Philly region, you guys have some fast drivers out there..

The M3 is prepped EXCEPT for tires. We are running on the stock Contisports to use them up before we get tires next season. The suck big time, and were completely cooked by 3rd runs. The car is prepped similarly to Mike Neary's car...Paul just got TC Kline coilovers. We are still fiddling with alignment and tire pressures, but the tires are what is holding us back right now, big time. It's funny, the entire rear half of the car is *coated* in tire dust after just a few runs.

Paul and I have been autocrossing for 8 years. Paul has taken a McKamey School, I haven't. Our problem is that for the last 4 years we haven't had a truly well-prepped AND well-classed car. Once we get tires for the M, that will all change.

So you think you would have won STU by a full 1-2 seconds over Ian in his Evo?? Pretty optimistic, don't you think? Have you ever run any national events?

The only events we do at Ripken (or in general) are Philly region. Paul is chief of T&S for the region.

The M3 is prepped EXCEPT for tires. We are running on the stock Contisports to use them up before we get tires next season. The suck big time, and were completely cooked by 3rd runs. The car is prepped similarly to Mike Neary's car...Paul just got TC Kline coilovers. We are still fiddling with alignment and tire pressures, but the tires are what is holding us back right now, big time. It's funny, the entire rear half of the car is *coated* in tire dust after just a few runs.

Paul and I have been autocrossing for 8 years. Paul has taken a McKamey School, I haven't. Our problem is that for the last 4 years we haven't had a truly well-prepped AND well-classed car. Once we get tires for the M, that will all change.

So you think you would have won STU by a full 1-2 seconds over Ian in his Evo?? Pretty optimistic, don't you think? Have you ever run any national events?

The only events we do at Ripken (or in general) are Philly region. Paul is chief of T&S for the region.

I am just comparing the times that Cy Lee and Cory Ridgick ran in STS (which is a very low 60.4 and 59.4 second runs.. and those are STS cars). I know my STU-GT is a tad slower than the STS-RS I drive, so my guess is from that [slower because I still use the same exact tire size for both cars]. I do run against Mike Neary last year always about 1.5 seconds behind him (which is the hard part about the GT being underpowered compared to the STi and still have to deal with running narrower tires than RWD/FWD cars).

I wouldnt say exactly of running a full two seconds ahead of Ian in his Evo with my GT, but looking at an STS car standpoint vs STU, the STU car should be faster (but this was not the case for you guys in this event).. I would have a tough time beating Ian in his Evo with my GT, but I would have given some challenge along the way.

I like the competition I get from running against Cy, Cory, Tony Savini, Mike Neary, etc just based on PAX alone.. but you can see, in raw time, an STS car shouldnt be edging out an STU car by a good 2 seconds like you guys have over this event. Dont get me wrong, not everyone is a Cy Lee or a Cory Ridgick or a Tony Savini, but I'll be damn if I am just going let them have all the fun taking trophies home all the time :lol:

Andre Downy is fast too, but I see that he didnt run as fast as the STS cars.

It's all a drivers' skills game and I love it.. I always try to find something new that I can learn from the faster drivers even if they are not even in my same class.

Yea, I have ran a few national tours in the past and I recently did the Pro-solo in DC (got my butt kicked in that one as I entered the event with the wrong mentality, oh well, chalk that up to experience). I havent ran in Nationals.. I was thinking about doing it this year, but as the time draws closer to the finals, looks like i have a hard choice to make about driving out 20+ hours out to Kansas, having Cory kick my ass, and waste all that time doing it. I want to get to the next level of my driving, and until I can beat these "east coast beasts" we have in the nearby regions, I dont plan on driving out all the way to Nationals to get my butt whooped when I can get a closer-to-home whooping here..

I saw a few Philly Region events that are held at Ripken, I'll try to sign up for some of those as I am changing my schedule around to get some local practice in and see if I can get rid of this mental block that slowing me down. I really need to beat Cory and Cy..

Here are the two events that I last ran with them:

http://www.autocrossersinc.org/docs/AI_Results_4-15-2006.pdf (this was before I had the coilovers on the RS, I just ran with tires and a rear sway bar)

http://www.autocrossersinc.org/wp/wp-content/Revised_6172006Results.pdf (this is when I had the coilovers on the RS and ran it for the first event on them, I ran twice that day on STS with Falkens Azenis and SM-Pro class with V700s for more seat time and testing)

Im not saying Im fast, but I dont think I am that slow (just thinking optimistic).

Keefe

My Video is Up.... Added link in first post ^^^^^^

pretty cool! just need to look ahead ( I can see your helmet not looking at the right direction in the rear view mirror) and "attack the back" of the slalom cones and you'll shave off a lot of time.

Keefe

Archived