LegacyGT.com

I'm a Canadian, where to shop!?!?

Mercury

Hello gang, I've been shopping for an LGT, I’ve been given the following quote for a plain vanilla 5EAT LGT 2006:

MSRP: $30,620

Subaru Rebate: $1,500

Dealer discount: $1,625

Total: $27,495 + tax, title, registration, and doc fees

Am I being screwed or am I being screwed? :(

I live in Montreal, so I willing to travel if there is a great deal waiting for me, but for now, I am a little confused, where would you recommend to shop?

What would you guys do?

Thanks in advance! :)

$27,495 is basically $126 over invoice (minus the rebate) - Manchester Subaru in New Hampshire might do better, if you talk to Todd (dealership owner) or send an email to the internet sales rep. Manch Subaru usually starts at $500 over invoice, so you will want to make a low offer if you email.

With gas prices the way they are, you may end up spending more than you save if you drive too far....:(

Good luck and I hope someone chimes in with a super deal they know of!

Hmm, in another thread, I was wondering if it would be better to email the dealerships for a quote by including the best quote I've got so far in the request...

I'm using the "Request a Quote" button from the each dealership owb site.

And yep, I'm shoping in the states, hence why I've posted in the New England forum :)

I wouldn't bother telling them the best quote you received. I would just let them know you are sending requests to multiple dealerships (naming them wouldn't hurt) and that you''re ready to purchase IMMEDIATELY from the folks with the best quote. That way they know you're a serious buyer and they had better come up with their best quote on the first go round. This is what I did and it worked GREAT. I only stepped into the dealership to sign the paperwork and get a trade-in value for my car. I payed below invioce on my car this way.

The internet sales rep usually will dispense with all the BS and give a kick a$$ quote.

Good luck.

Hmm Alright, thanks for the info, especially for that site... still 26K is a little too much, but we'll see...

If I decide to buy used (which is likely) what would you guys recommend on that regard...

Of course, I'm considering used material to get better value, I expect to pay arround $20,000 for a 2005-06 LGT Limited 5EAT with less than 20000 miles on it, is that realistic? Can I get much better?

Hmm Alright, thanks for the info, especially for that site... still 26K is a little too much, but we'll see...

If I decide to buy used (which is likely) what would you guys recommend on that regard...

Of course, I'm considering used material to get better value, I expect to pay arround $20,000 for a 2005-06 LGT Limited 5EAT with less than 20000 miles on it, is that realistic? Can I get much better?

I paid 23 750$ for a 05 GT wagon limited 5MT back in April with 9k miles on it. And I paid a little bit more thant I should have. But I wanted a 5MT and they started to be rare in April. Also, pricing is a little bit higher in New England than California. But you'll still save a good 10-12k compare to the Canadian Dealership! Try this site: Used Cars, New Cars, Buy a Car, Sell Your Car - AutoTrader.com This is the one I used to find my car. Use Zip code 12901 for distance (Plattsburg) Good Luck!

i paid around 26k for my 05 5mt obxt limited wiuth 9k miles last july (year ago). came with sub, sts, tow package, and hood deflector. SOA exec car from Corey @ planet subaru in MA

Whao, those are some steep prices for used subies… but indeed those were cars with only 9k on them… does $20000 can be a reality in New England for an LGT Limited AT with 20k on it? And when I say New England, it can be NY too, as long as it’s within a 250 miles radius of Plattsburg…

Thanks for the autotrader.com tips legz, I go there about every other day to check out on the deals… :icon_cool And those Canadian dealers... hehe, well let's just say, I can't wait to roll up in their garage in my LGT with taupe leather interior in and see their "how come" look on their face :D

(Note: we don't have taupe leather interior available in Canada)

I guess I’m just trying to know what people on here actually paid for their used LGT :)

Archived