LegacyGT.com

So I know it's still summer, but I'll be heading back up to school in NC and when the snow starts falling in late Oct/early Nov. they will salt the roads like it's going out of style.

What do you guys reccomend I do to keep my underbody from rusting out. I've already noticed a bit of rusting from last winter. Underneath it seems that from the factory there is some sealant on some parts, but the exhaust and parts of the suspension are definitely showing signs of rust. Thanks

The only thing you can do is take it to a place that does underbody coatings. You can't keep parts down there from rusting unless you have them coated. I wouldn't worry too much about it really. I live in an area that uses more salt than anywhere else due to the fact that we have easy access to so much of it. (They don't call it Salt Lake for nothing) There are a lot of cars that have been driving on these roads for decades that haven't rusted through yet. For the most part, the parts that need to be protected from rust already are protected. If you get some rust on your exhaust pipe then it isn't the end of the world. If you are really concerned then you'll have to look in the phone book for somewhere that does undercoating. I have no idea on the price.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

CRC SP-400.... comes in a green can and smells like fish. Fortunately it works great and stays put.

I've used the stuff on a 14year old Honda product to stop the wheel arch rust so I swear by it now.

A few cans of rubberized undercoat mixed with marine corrosion inhibitor works great too

CRC SP-400.... comes in a green can and smells like fish. Fortunately it works great and stays put.

I've used the stuff on a 14year old Honda product to stop the wheel arch rust so I swear by it now.

A few cans of rubberized undercoat mixed with marine corrosion inhibitor works great too

So where might we find this stuff? My first Google page was not very informative.

It is still ugly.

Archived