LegacyGT.com

World Subaru in NJ

Two-Five Sti-L

middlesex county here...exit 120...been in jersey for almost 16 years and can someone fill me in on a "benny".... or the "benny area"....but i feel like im from mars right now cuz i have no clue on "benny" while i was laying down at belmar last weekend

middlesex county here...exit 120...been in jersey for almost 16 years and can someone fill me in on a "benny".... or the "benny area"....but i feel like im from mars right now cuz i have no clue on "benny" while i was laying down at belmar last weekend

OK i knew this would turn into a hot topic..that really should be another thread....but i will try to define as best as possible..

a "benny" is a term that is used to describe any persons from outside of the shore area in new jersey (particularly Monmouth and Ocean counties) Folk lore states the term comes from benny being an acronm b.e.n.ny = brooklyn. Elizabeth. Newark. New York....I have heard that farther south new jersey there are other terms like shoebie..don't know the origins of that term.

I have know this term for over twenty years. It is soo well known that there is banners and parades (tube race parade in point pleasant beach in september) celebrating the end of the summer and the return of the shore to a benny free area. While we greatly appreciate benny's spending there money it is sooo nice when they leave.

Jersey shore: its your vaction and our life...... :icon_bigg

HA!

A Benny is what us cool people on and near the shore (Old Bridge to A/C) call the northerners (primarily New Yorkers) that come down to the beaches and screw up traffic.

Bye the way...formerly from Westchester in NY and in Monmouth for 19 years.

don't forget there arrogance and belief that the shore was created just for them.....

^^Depending on what time it would have been me. I'll keep an eye out for you and welcome to the forum!

It was like 500 or 600 at night...1i don't normally travel that way 2 i don't have a subie yet:(.....but this forum is great...g.t.subie turned me on to it...

• 10 months later...
Yea Marty was the guy when I bought mine also.. though I got handed off anyway once in the dealership to their "other internet guy". Not a big deal and Marty came by a couple times just to see how things were going.

I spoke to Marty earlier in the week, easily the coolest salesperson I've ever spoken with. He knew his stuff, very friendly, and set me up with an appointment to test drive the FXT/Legacy on Saturday. I was very very pleased and impressed after speaking to him.

Yea, overall that dealership has some nice people in it. Though they pull the usual dealership games when working on a modified car.. like blaming my boost gauge for a huge puddle in my passenger side foot well. But I cant blame them for not wanting to do work that they wont be compensated for from subaru.. just a hassle when you know its not your fault.

Marty has taken over customer service now and will probably get you situated with someone decent...and then keep coming back to make sure you're ok. Make sure you keep him in the loop...he is def the right guy there. I went down a few weeks ago and didn't see him, waited around for 45 minutes and go to speak with no one. Tell him Jeff says Hi

Archived