LegacyGT.com

insurance comparison 04 Legacy GT vs. 05 GT limited

plunk10

I tried to get a quote from my insurance company on the 2005 Legacy GT limited sedan. Since the insurance company didn't have some "symbol" for the new car, they quoted me the rate for a 2004 and said a 2005 would be "not much more". Should the 2005 carry a much higher rate? I don't want to buy the car and have the insurance rate be $3-400 more than the 04 model. In addition, that quote was about $60 cheaper than a Forester XT. On websites like state farm and progressive, the Legacy seemed to rate over $100 higher per six months than the Forester.

I was quoted, several times, for a GT LTD Wagon. When I finally bought the car and added coverage the quote jumped about $300 / 6 Mos because everyone supposedly used the wrong "symbol." I'm thinking about calling BS on that one...

[quote name='GT Ski']I was quoted, several times, for a GT LTD Wagon. When I finally bought the car and added coverage the quote jumped about $300 / 6 Mos because everyone supposedly used the wrong "symbol." I'm thinking about calling BS on that one...[/quote] You are in the same area as I. You don't happen to use Erie Insurance do you?

Archived