LegacyGT.com

Subaru Platinum MasterCard from Chase

it's kind of a dissapointment -- after i get my next subie bucks check, i'll probably switch over to another card with a better reward structer. (or at least the ability to get things outside of a subaru parts dept.)

It's nice having free money from the Subaru Mastercard to buy parts, especially now that SPT is starting to develop stuff for the Legacy. However, it's disappointing that you can only earn $500 Subaru Bucks per year.

It's nice having free money from the Subaru Mastercard to buy parts, especially now that SPT is starting to develop stuff for the Legacy.

SPT parts are overpriced for what they are

However, it's disappointing that you can only earn $500 Subaru Bucks per year.

you can always apply for multiple cards ;)

This Space For Rent

Get a second card (no limitation) and earn another $500/year, we do.

Will they issue two accounts to the same person? I'm single, so it's not like I can put a card in a spouse's name.

Man that is a good deal. I spend $3k in 2 months on my credit card. I just got up to a $50 visa spending card. w00 w00. My new card gets 5%, 3%, and 1% depeding on the type of purchase... so that should work out to be good. Only a $10k limit though... but I never get that high on my current one anyway.

it's kind of a dissapointment -- after i get my next subie bucks check, i'll probably switch over to another card with a better reward structer. (or at least the ability to get things outside of a subaru parts dept.)

Post as to what it is. I think this is better than any "frequent flyer miles" card out there since you can never book a seat with them. I have had all sorts of maintenance work done and paid for it with Subaru Bucks and got an extra $1900 off our Outback when we bought it. We have had a few other cards with some sort of "reward" and this card pays us more than the others for the same money run through the account.

It is still ugly.

$500 subie bucks here...since 1/05.

$500 a year and up to $2000 total. (they expire after 4 years...so use them up)

Good toward Parts, Service, or towards purchase or lease of a new Subie.

Remember you don't get any change when you use them...so if you buy something for $70 and use one of your $100 "subie bucks" you will not see $30 in change...so use it all.

Then how does change work? You would just lose it if you don't buy something that's equal or greater?

you get subie bucks as actual physical "coupons". Use them like cash, but you get no change. Each "coupon" is 100 subie bucks. yes you loose anthing you do not spend on the coupon.

Don't get too carried away w/ getting multiple cards..etc. Don't forget to think about your credit score.

Lots of Credit Cards=Bad

Switching around between lots of Credit Cards=Bad

Having a few cards for a long long time=Good

Guest JessterCPA

I have one. Been workign well. I useit when I go to the dealer for service & they say "Hey, did you know you shoudl be replacing this?" I whip out the Suby Bucks and it's no cash out of my pocket. I also will use them to buy my next one (July 2007).

Jesse

I have one. Been workign well. I useit when I go to the dealer for service & they say "Hey, did you know you shoudl be replacing this?" I whip out the Suby Bucks and it's no cash out of my pocket. I also will use them to buy my next one (July 2007).

Jesse

Yes that will be awesome. Haggle haggle haggle, get the best price and oh by the way...here is 2000 in subie bucks...thanks.

:icon_conf I never have a problem.

I was reiterating what I read in EVERY newspaper and magazine article I read on this topic. Maybe it is an issue with just certain carriers (Northwest in our area). We don't fly much, so I have never had a card with this perk.

It is still ugly.

Remember you don't get any change when you use them...so if you buy something for $70 and use one of your $100 "subie bucks" you will not see $30 in change...so use it all.
Actually' date=' whether or not you get "change" depends on the dealership. Here's an excerpt from Chase Platinum MasterCard®:
6. Dealers DO NOT need to provide change for the unused portion of the coupon but may offer customers credit or cash back at the dealer’s discretion.

Archived