LegacyGT.com

I'm probably too drunk, but think of this idea

so alright let me get this straight

tints can interfere with signals of your interiro radar detector..soo umm, why couldnt they also interfere with exterior radar detectors? what if you had a black car and you tinted the entire exterior, not just the windows? would a radar detector be able to pick you up? hahahaha

kill me?

ted

Radar isn't a radio wave...I'm sure there's some sort of component you could find to deaden radar signals; however, I think the Air Force charges something like $500k/sq. ft. :(

Anyhow, it's the titanium and tints that have metals in 'em that interfere with the radio reception. I opted for ceramic.

Your theory would work.....

if you tinted all the transmitters of the cops radar guns provided the tint had enough metals in it.

You just had it backwards.

And yes, Radar Absorbent Materials are used on our stealth aircraft as well as their inherent geometrey and it is quite pricey.

im talkin gabout tinting the whole ****** car, not just the windows. like the hood, and the trunk, and everything. if it's highly reflective, then why doesnt radar bounce of it? get it?

As mentioned earlier, metallic tints cause interference and issues with radio waves, not radar.

'Tapper, who is on his 2nd drink ;)

As mentioned earlier, metallic tints cause interference and issues with radio waves, not radar.

'Tapper, who is on his 2nd drink ;)

thanks...i think way too much. keep it up, youve got a ways to catch up with me

ps sorry to the woman i just told to go to the hairdresser

blame the alc?

ted

Archived