LegacyGT.com

Srs Wow

Jon in CT

This press release was issued today. The source is at http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060711005293&newsLang=en.

July 11, 2006 07:30 AM US Eastern Timezone

Subaru Selects SRS WOW® Audio Rendering Technology from SRS Labs as Standard Feature for 2007 Legacy 2.5 GT Vehicles; SRS WOW Enables Auto Makers to Deliver the Best Possible Stereo Sound

SANTA ANA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 11, 2006--SRS Labs Inc. (NASDAQ:SRSL), a leading provider of surround sound, audio and voice technologies, today announced its patented SRS WOW® technology will be included as a standard feature in the new 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT automobiles as part of the "Legacy Premium Sound System." SRS WOW was chosen as the audio rendering technology because of its ability to overcome the unique audio challenges presented in the automotive environment, such as speaker placement, speaker driver size restrictions and a narrow sweet spot. SRS WOW will provide passengers the same clear, dynamic audio experience enjoyed from home theater systems to further support the core values of the new Subaru Legacy - drivability, comfort and a friendly environment. The new models will be available in the second half of 2006.

SRS WOW technology will provide Subaru Legacy passengers an immersive 3D stereo experience. The natural and spacious 3D sound field allows for superb sound from any listening position - eliminating the sweet spot. SRS WOW also shapes a maximized bass response using sculpted filters and driver physics to go beyond the low-frequency limitations of speakers, resulting in big bass without the need for a subwoofer. In addition, SRS WOW electronically elevates the sound image to an optimal ear level without physically moving the speakers from the base of the door panels and creates a phantom center speaker.

"We are thrilled to provide our patented audio rendering technologies to a top auto manufacturer like Subaru," said Michael Franzi, vice president, sales and licensing of SRS Labs. "Automotive is an important market for SRS Labs, and the agreement to use SRS WOW technology marks one of many revolutionary automotive partnerships we are forging."

About SRS Labs, Inc.

SRS Labs develops advanced audio and communications technology that optimizes and improves the listening experience through techniques based on the latest research into the human auditory system. With over 600 million products shipped worldwide, SRS Labs is a leader in audio. Incorporated in products ranging from HDTVs and mobile phones to PCs and automotive entertainment, SRS Labs audio and speech signal processing provides the best possible sound on every form factor and in every environment. SRS Labs surround sound solutions enable the professional broadcast and recording industries with high-performance production, back-haul, storage, and transmission capability. SRS Labs supports manufacturers worldwide with offices in the US, China, Europe, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.

About Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of nearly 600 dealers across the United States. Subaru makes the best-selling All-Wheel Drive car sold in America based on R.L. Polk & Co. new vehicle retail registration statistics calendar year-end 2004. For additional information visit http://www.subaru.com.

mehhhhhhh!!!!! I've feeling that the '07 Legacy is going to have a sucktastic radio. I remember the way my Legacy sounded without the sub, and I can assure you that shit doesn't even begin to describe the horrible sound quality without the sub. It was about as flat as an alarm clock radio. The sub/amp combo is what makes the who thing sound good - it adds a lot of depth. I can't imagine the stock '07 sounding good. I'll have to check it out.

SRSWoW review: In the LLBean Outback it is far and away the best sounding stock stereo Subaru as EVER released in the US. I was impressed with the system with SRS turned off, then I jammed out to a classic rock channel and was amazed at the clarity and depth. I would put it on par or superior to Acuras ELS 5.1 setup (since Acuras system requires DVD-As to get 5.1). If only the Subie system had a center channel on the dash (for sound staging). All in all, Awesome Job Subaru!

Dude, do you ever give a critical review of anything Subaru?? :lol:

Well if they'd stop impressing me :lol:

Seriously, I have a few major gripes like EVERY Subaru needs less pitch/dive/roll... larger sways would do the trick ;)

Waiting o waiting... Are these in the current 07 GTs that are hitting the lot now? Audiophiles (non-auto audiophiles) have often complimented the stock sound system in my LGT Wagon. Can it use more crispness, clarity and depth? Definitely. But whether this "WOW" will do it remains to be seen.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...

Thanks, glad you enjoy them.

I'm very good at dragging my feet when something involves spending money.

On the other hand, it'd have to be a 2005 unless there's another manual turbo wagon in the future, and those cars aren't getting any younger...

Archived