LegacyGT.com

Cost of replacing the front windshield?

Xenonk

Has anyone replaced one yet due to a large crack? I know the heater lines are built on the GTs, so I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the cost of getting a new windshield?

It's too bad that they dont make a "rock blocker" for the windshield :p

Keefe

my uncle paid lk $518 for the OEM glass in his maxima from safelite(i think) and like a day after he got the bill for his first windshield a rock cracked it again and he needs to get the OEM because he is leasing the car

• 2 weeks later...
just got mine done (rock damage also) and it was approx 600 altho insurance covers it in MA... (2005 Legacy 2.5i Ltd - not sure if i have heater lines....i don't believe so....)

Guest *Jedimaster*
subaru windshield will be over $500. others will be around $300 with labor included.

here in KY, we get free ($0 ded) windshield repair/replacement due to state law! :icon_mrgr

Cool, 'cept you have to live in Kentucky :lol:

I have to have mine replaced monday due to some asshat throwing something up off the highway. I have a 2.5i w/o heated glass and I got a quote of $275 installed w/ new surroud and they garuntee it for as long as I own the car.

Have Camera...Will Travel

~2007 LegacyGT.com Calendar (October)~

Safelite should be replacing mine tomorrow. I posted the same topic about 2 weeks ago.

I checked with the dealer, OEM glass & molding (no installation) runs $480. My insurance is going through Safelite and will be installing OEM glass. I checked the quote through Safelite w/o OEM glass and they charge around $700. If you get it done through other small shops, not through insurance, and not OEM glass, I found one that will replace it for $290's. Non-OEM glass will have the heater lines also.

Safelite should be replacing mine tomorrow. I posted the same topic about 2 weeks ago.

I checked with the dealer, OEM glass & molding (no installation) runs $480. My insurance is going through Safelite and will be installing OEM glass. I checked the quote through Safelite w/o OEM glass and they charge around $700. If you get it done through other small shops, not through insurance, and not OEM glass, I found one that will replace it for $290's. Non-OEM glass will have the heater lines also.

but the stripe at the top will not be the same

Archived