LegacyGT.com

Interesting factoid

We were talking about safety on Acura-Legend.com earlier and I realized something. The legacy debuted at a time when 2 and 3 star crash test ratings were typical and 5 stars was almost unheard of. From the beginning the legacy had 4 star frontal crash test ratings. Way to go Subaru engineers!

I love how the whole Subaru line now is starred and gold picked and so on. Way to be safe!

Don't forget the 'B-pillars so strong the jaws of life can't cut through them' in 2002 and newer models (except for the B9 Tribecca).

Another thing, how many other cars in its price range have dual piston front brake calipers?? '96 GTs were the first to have them.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

^ Oh, gods. Dont let the Vulva fanboys hear you say that. They will freak if there is another car on the road that might be considered as safe(or safer than) as a Volvo.

Check out Informed For Life

These guys weighted the independent ratings for front, side, offset, roll over, etc. with their independent incidence then crunched them into a new safety rating composite.

Individual ratings don't correlate with real life fatality statistics.

These do.

I thought the subarus would do better.

Nigel

"There are three basic components to vehicle safety, and all three are readily quantifiable: (1) accident avoidance, (2) crashworthiness, and (3) vehicle compatibility"

I just checked out their web site. The blurb above is taken from their page and reflects how they determine the combined score. What I failed to see in their criteria is anything about all wheel drive. I believe an all wheel drive vehicle should rate higher in accident avoidance than one without all wheel drive, so why is only ESC counted in their ratings? I would rather have an awd car without esc than a rear or front drive car with esc.

Also keep in mind that the new 2007 spec.b will have awd and esc.

I don't think I am going to trade in my spec.b for the KIA Sedona Minivan because they rate it the highest.

Did they factor in the time the KIA would be in the shop getting fixed? I'll bet that would make their score even higher.

You can't be killed in an accident in a car thats in the repair shop.

Archived