LegacyGT.com

Subaru Challenge!

hovied

Keefe, do you have any idea what class a stock Gt should be in? Oh and what size rim and tire would be good for this? Since the Spec B comes with 18's I take it I have to keep that size?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE enlighten me oh great one....lol....

tHe HoV

Keefe, do you have any idea what class a stock Gt should be in? Oh and what size rim and tire would be good for this? Since the Spec B comes with 18's I take it I have to keep that size?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE enlighten me oh great one....lol....

Stock is DS.. and you have to use the stock rims to compete in that class. So yea, you need the 18x7 stock SpecB rims to compete in DS. Other wise, compete in STU if your tires are not rcompounds and less than 245 wide. Run in ESP if you want to run on Rcompounds and whatever tires you want. There's also SM if you decided to turn up the boost with an AccessPort or something.

Keefe

what size rims would be better in your opinion? 17 or 18?

for the GT, the smaller the better.. if you can fit a 245/40/17 with a 17x8.5 wheel, that would be great.

for the track, if you can find some taller tires, it would be better, the car needs the gearing as the 4.11 is fairly short and it will top out at a lot of turns.. I run a 18x8.5 with a 235/40/18 tire.. but I might just get a 255/35/18 at the next go-around if I can find an r-compound in that size..

Keefe

Stock is DS.. and you have to use the stock rims to compete in that class. So yea, you need the 18x7 stock SpecB rims to compete in DS.

You can use any rim that's the same diameter and width as the stock rim, and within .25" of the offset. Unless they aren't going by SCCA rules...

Archived