LegacyGT.com

Good place to get calipers painted?

cbroo

To answer your specific question, I'm not aware of anyone in the Denver / Boulder area who does brake painting. You might try posting up on the Craig's List for your area... craigslist: denver / boulder classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events to see if someone knows of anyone who does this.

It's not really that hard to do yourself, especially if you put in the prep time to really clean the surfaces. For someone else to do it, you're probably looking at $200-$300 for all four wheels, and you can do it for <$30 plus your time. That's mod money man. Whatever you decide, keep us posted and good luck.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guys it's not tough at all. We could have a garage day and I could show you how it's done. It took me about four hours, but I'm pretty anal.

I put the car on jacks and removed all the wheels. Then I removed the calipers from thier mounts and removed the pads. I bought a couple cans of high temp engine paint (semi gloss) and spayed it in a two litter bottle that I cut in half and used a foam brush to paint it on. I waited a few hours while it dried and reinstalled everything. Not hard at all.

Guys it's not tough at all. We could have a garage day and I could show you how it's done. It took me about four hours, but I'm pretty anal.

That'd be cool Jonny...

I don't have a garage, otherwise, I probably would have done it myself already too

Archived