LegacyGT.com

PhillySCCA AutoX 7/9

mwiener2

I ran in this AutoX today. I got first place in the SM class.

Bumped into three other LGT memebers. 2 in a McDonalds (06Legacy) and one at the AutoX.

Will have videos and pics and times up soon.

VIDEOS!!!

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-410771071316527252]AutoCross 7-9-06 - Google Video[/ame]

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I was the one at the event, I was running a white '98 M3. My bone stock LGT is teh suxor for autox. I've been running with the Philly region for about 8 years now. Do you plant to make it to a any more events?

Sunday's event was really an exhibition...we normally have around 200 cars and a LOT more competition. :dm:

I also have videos of my and my co-driver's runs, but I can't host them due to size restrictions.

My Times:

1. 321/SM MICHAEL WIENER 05 OUTBACK > 34.608 <

TIMES: 1) 37.294 O/C 2) 36.590 O/C 3) 36.665 4) 35.398

5) 34.608

Nick's times:

3. 2/STU NICK 98 BMW M3 > 32.912 <

TIMES: 1) 33.232 2) 33.150 3) 32.912 4) 33.131

5) 33.044

everyone's times:

http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/results/2006/SO070906.TXT

hehe, my times and nick's times just happened to be next to each other on the list.

Video being uploaded to google video, should be available for viewing tomorrow.

I'm thinking of coming to westminstertownvilleland this weekend. Not sure yet though.

I'm trying to find the two guys I bumped into at mcdonalds. The one guy said his name was 06legacy, but it's not in the members list.....o well

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Warminster is a good site...if you like to slalom. It's a abandoned runway that's about 1/4 mile long. The course can be fast yet technical at the same time. You should make it, the Holbert Memorial is the biggest Philly event of the year.

Something's wrong. Autoxing is not that hard on the brakes, especially that tiny course we ran. Are you left foot braking the whole time? Have you changed fluid recently? Maybe your brakes need to be bled.

doesn't seem abnormal to me for them being the stock brakes and 30k miles

VIDEOS ARE UP!!!

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-410771071316527252]AutoCross 7-9-06 - Google Video[/ame]

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

doesn't seem abnormal to me for them being the stock brakes and 30k miles

It's abnormal because a 5 minute spirited backroad jaunt is way harder on your brakes than an autocross run, especially a dinky 30 second run on a small lot like we had on Sunday. Does your pedal go to the floor on back roads? There were only 3 hard braking zones on that course, including the finish. If your brakes are fading after three 40 MPH stops, something is wrong.

The mileage should not be an issue, either. My Legacy has 65k miles on the stock brakes and aside from the pads getting low, they are performing just fine.

Nice videos! It was good to see you improving with each run. A few comments:

1. SM stands for Street Modified, not Stock Modified. :icon_wink

2. Your instructor on run #2 was Jon Rush, he's the chief of instructors for the Philly Region. His comment was spot on.

3. You really should clean all the stuff out of your car. I'm surprised you passed tech with items in your cup holder.

4. One of the places you lost time was being late in the slaloms. In a slalom, you should visualize trying to hit each cone with your inside rear tire. If you had been earlier in the first slalom, it would have set you up better for the first hard left and the sweeper that followed.

5. The video for run 5 was hilarious!!! :icon_mrgr

I'm uploading one of my runs now, check it out. Obviously not the best run possible (Paul/emosound smoked me by .7 seconds) but you'll be able to see what I'm talking about in the slaloms.

Archived