LegacyGT.com

RSB Woes

leftride

so i installed my RSB about 3 weeks ago everything went smoothly. last weekend i went camping and i started hearing a clunk coming from the rear, i pulled over and looked as best i could everything looked ok.

well this weekend while i was putting in my hardened shifter bearings i decided i would take apart the rsb and torque everything back down. well i take a look on the drivers side and link and the f@&^ing thing isnt even connected to the rsb. :eek: and the nut is missing.

so i assume i have been driving around at least the last week and maybe some of my camping trip (which were some descent 4wd trails) with a disconnected endlink....

well needless to say dealerships are closed today (sunday) and autozone/home depot didn't have anything that would work so the car is at least out of commission until tomorrow. i guess it could have been worse it doesnt look like anything was damaged. it still makes me :icon_cry:

Can you say understeer:) Seriously, when you replace the link put some LocTite on the threads. Not the industrial strength stuff tho. Get the 222 'wimpy' stength - it's purple. Strong enough to hold but weak enough to get the bolts off later.

Oh, yeah, make sure the bolts thread all the way thru the attachment points. I had an issue on an RSB for my old GS-R where the bolts were too short and they backed out, even with LocTite on them.

Archived