LegacyGT.com

All Alpine Audio system

MrVicious97

Since I work at an electronics retail store and get a discount I am trying to go with a mainly all Apline audio system.

Right now I have 2x10" Alpine Type-R subwoofers - SWR-1042D (I am going to be using my 2x10" ported sub box for the time being until I purchase the stealth boxes from Nazar) http://legacygt.com/forums/interior-audio/33224-would-anyone-interested-fg.html?highlight=stealth

I am purchasing the rest this Sunday:icon_bigg

• Alpine 6.5" Type-R component speakers for the front - SPR-17LS
  • Alpine 6.5" Type-R 2-way coaxial speakers for the rear - SPR-17LP
  • Alpine V-Power 600W Class D mono amp to push the subs - MRP-M650
  • Alpine V-Power 75W MOSFET multichannel amp to run the speakers - MRP-F250
    Alpine Blackbird GPS Nav system - PMD-B100

I guess my biggest questions are...

1) Im considering the Alpine OEM interface system - VPA-B211A (Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.) instead of the JL clean sweep? I have read much about the satisfaction with the cleansweep but am wondering if the steap price is partially paying for the JL name. I havent seen much about other OEM interfaces as the cleansweep seems to be the overwhelming majority of factory HU solutions on the site.

2) Comments on going with an all same brand system? Is it more preferable to piece together a system or because all of the items are the same brand should they function well together?

3) Does anyone have a similar setup if so how does their system perform?

My system is close to yours.

I love the 600 wat mono amp!

I got the one step up amp for the mids and highs, don't skimp on their power.

I only have one type-r sub. Very impressed. Two would be even better!

I have the same rear speakers.

The only thing I would change is some better front speakers. Right now I am using JM labs car audio seperates. Can't remember what they are called, but they are easily 2.5 times the price of the alpine's but worth it.

I also have a JLaudio CS.

Since I work at an electronics retail store and get a discount I am trying to go with a mainly all Apline audio system.

Right now I have 2x10" Alpine Type-R subwoofers - SWR-1042D (I am going to be using my 2x10" ported sub box for the time being until I purchase the stealth boxes from Nazar) http://legacygt.com/forums/interior-audio/33224-would-anyone-interested-fg.html?highlight=stealth

I am purchasing the rest this Sunday:icon_bigg

• Alpine 6.5" Type-R component speakers for the front - SPR-17LS
  • Alpine 6.5" Type-R 2-way coaxial speakers for the rear - SPR-17LP
  • Alpine V-Power 600W Class D mono amp to push the subs - MRP-M650
  • Alpine V-Power 75W MOSFET multichannel amp to run the speakers - MRP-F250
    Alpine Blackbird GPS Nav system - PMD-B100

I guess my biggest questions are...

1) Im considering the Alpine OEM interface system - VPA-B211A (Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.) instead of the JL clean sweep? I have read much about the satisfaction with the cleansweep but am wondering if the steap price is partially paying for the JL name. I havent seen much about other OEM interfaces as the cleansweep seems to be the overwhelming majority of factory HU solutions on the site.

2) Comments on going with an all same brand system? Is it more preferable to piece together a system or because all of the items are the same brand should they function well together?

3) Does anyone have a similar setup if so how does their system perform?

do you by any chance happen to work for bestbuy and happen to enjoy the 50% off employee pricing for alpine products?

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

do you by any chance happen to work for bestbuy and happen to enjoy the 50% off employee pricing for alpine products?
LOL, yeah I figured its the best (no pun intended) part time job I could have. My only regret is that we dont sell the Alpine stackable PDX amps. Those would make for a very clean and stealthy setup. Aldouse I take it you work for them or no someone who does?

LOL, yeah I figured its the best (no pun intended) part time job I could have. My only regret is that we dont sell the Alpine stackable PDX amps. Those would make for a very clean and stealthy setup. Aldouse I take it you work for them or no someone who does?

i did. i now work for starbucks =)

i miss the fatty discounts. but then again i've bought everything i've ever wanted from there already. so basically i'm spent out for the next 4 years cuz of them.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Not too hard: Splice in the 8 speaker leads, run power and ground, and route the knob. Then run RCAs to the amp/s.
I guess that most people have wired their master volume control knob to their center cupholder compartment. Cant wait to get this setup all together and see how it sounds.

Ok I actually went and bought my audio items on Sunday but didnt end up going all alpine. I got a pair of Infinity Reference 6.5" components for the front and the same for the rear, but the integrated. I also got a Rockford Fosgate P450.4 multi channel amp. Havent hooked anything up yet and beginning to think I should exchange the RF amp and get 2 alpines. Thoughts...?

Ok I actually went and bought my audio items on Sunday but didnt end up going all alpine. I got a pair of Infinity Reference 6.5" components the same just the coax. I also got a Rockford Fosgate P450.4 multi channel. Havent hooked anything up yet and beginning to think I should exchange the RF amp and get 2 alpines. Thoughts...?

the only thing i've liked the infinity speakers for is the overall sound quality. it doesn't provide enough "oooomph" for my base likings. the highs and mids are crisp and clean however.

this is just my 2cents.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

the only thing i've liked the infinity speakers for is the overall sound quality. it doesn't provide enough "oooomph" for my base likings. the highs and mids are crisp and clean however.

this is just my 2cents.

Thats what Ive heard about the Infinity speakers. Thats why I decided to go with them, I need something to counter the thundering bump from my Alpine R subs. Im also gonna install sound deadening material in the trunk and doors. I have a good friend who does mobile install for Circuit City so he is gonna help me put this all in for lunch.

oh wow good deal. let me know which deadening material you use if not dynamats
I ended up buying the dynamat original door kit and a 1 farad Rockford Fosgate cap today. Totally stoked about getting this all in my car this weekend:lol: . I hope my friend is willing and able to take on this task. This is pretty much an entire audio system swap, save the head unit. I've seen that Crutchfield has a line out converter allowing one to spice their speaker leads and outputs 4 rca channel leads. This unit should hold me over till I can get the Cleansweep. Depending on the sound I get I might not even need the CS. Monday Ill probably have some time to take some pics and post them finally. So the running total is...

1) Infinity Reference 6.5" components (front)

2) Infinity Reference 6.5" integrated (rear)

3) Alpine Type R 10"

4) Sealed Q-Logic 10" enclosure

5) Alpine MRP-M650 mono amp

6) Rockford Fosgate P450.4 4 channel amp

7) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad 1000W cap

8) Rockford Fosgate 4 gauge 1000W dual amp kit

9) Dynamat door kit

10) Scosche 4-channel line out converter

Installed the 4-channel and mono Alpine amps with the Alpine type R sub. Sounds pretty good. The factory speakers cant really handle the power of the amp, but Im puttin in the Infinity wpeakers tomorrow after work. Pics soon to follow.

I love my Alpine.
What Apline products do you have? I have the MRP-M650 and MRP-F250 and I love them. They are clean, light, and compact, yet powerful. Cant wait to put in the speakers today and get this system runnin right.

Archived