LegacyGT.com

Getting 06 Legacy, is this good pricing?

Hello,

I am looking to purchase an 06 Legacy Special Edition wagon for my wife. Today we found an 06 wagon with the following:

Auto Transmission

Sunroof

Rack and mats

Rear cargo tray

The dealer will sell it to us for $22,110. Is this a good price?

Any input is most appreciated.

I am so irritated right now. I initially contacted Chaplin through e-mail clearly stating I was looking for a wagon. I got a $19400 plus options quote. Yesterday I spoke my salesman over the phone to confirm his e-mail. He tells me that they will have a black wagon ready for pick up today. However, he will not be in on the 4th, but his sales partner will.

I am about to drive out this morning to pick up the car, and call to check that the car is ready for me to pick up. They tell me that my "SEDAN" is ready for pick up. I tell them that I was looking for a wagon, and not the sedan. They go and check my e-mails to them. The dealer tells me that they have made a mistake, and that they will not be able to honor their price. WTF! The best they can do is $21400.

I HATE DEALERSHIPS! What is the point of getting quotes in writing when they will not honor their prices!

Maybe you should just buy a slightly used one private party and save yourself a ton of money that way. Dealerships suck for sure. The only thing good about CARR is their service department. They have always been supremely accomodating with anything I need. They even replaced my headlight bulbs for free b/c one had gone out. THey said it was a safety issue so it was free.

Maybe you should just buy a slightly used one private party and save yourself a ton of money that way. Dealerships suck for sure. The only thing good about CARR is their service department. They have always been supremely accomodating with anything I need. They even replaced my headlight bulbs for free b/c one had gone out. THey said it was a safety issue so it was free.

Ideally I would get a used Legacy wagon with low miles, but I haven't found any around Portland or Seattle.

The lowest quote I have as of today is $20,850 for a new 06 SE with a dimming rear view mirror.

Archived