LegacyGT.com

Pink springs on the 2005 Legacy 2.5GT?

Radian

Has anyone tried the imported pink springs on a 2005 Legacy? To see what I'm talking about, go here: [url]http://www.racecompengineering.com/legacy.htm[/url] I'll wait until SPT has them (it'll be cheaper--compare the strut tower brace prices), but wanted to hear any experiences from those impatient types ;) Also, I know many WRX STi owners (over at NASIOC) get the pinks and new top mounts for the struts and have been very happy with that combo, but haven't seen any such top mounts for the Legacy yet. My goal is to stiffen up everything by quite a bit (body roll and dive/lift are all too soft for my tastes), without having to buy all new suspension, which is why I'm looking at springs first instead of roll bars. If I'm heading down the wrong path, let me know :)

Well, from what I think someone here posted, they only work with the JDM components. Different mounting or something like that. We're also awaiting SPT parts for the car such as springs or upgraded coil-overs. If you're looking for quite a bit of an upgrade, you might want to look at a full JDM Spec B suspension setup. Nicd sourced a set (you need to get the top hats with them) through Yahoo Japan or maybe t was eBay Japan for about the same cost you can get springs for. I think someone needs to get into the 2nd hand parts business importing those parts to the states. *clearsthroat*PAUL, AVO*clearsthroat*

[quote name='SUBE555']Well, from what I think someone here posted, they only work with the JDM components. Different mounting or something like that. We're also awaiting SPT parts for the car such as springs or upgraded coil-overs. If you're looking for quite a bit of an upgrade, you might want to look at a full JDM Spec B suspension setup. Nicd sourced a set (you need to get the top hats with them) through Yahoo Japan or maybe t was eBay Japan for about the same cost you can get springs for. I think someone needs to get into the 2nd hand parts business importing those parts to the states. *clearsthroat*PAUL, AVO*clearsthroat*[/quote] This hasn't really been confirmed. Nobody really knows if the pink springs fit on the USDM struts, but I really don't see why they wouldn't. THe only thing I could see getting on the way of proper fitment is the strut top hats. Spring rate wise...I'm not sure if the USDM struts are valved adequately to support the additional stiffness...

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='SUBE555']Well, from what I think someone here posted, they only work with the JDM components. Different mounting or something like that. We're also awaiting SPT parts for the car such as springs or upgraded coil-overs. If you're looking for quite a bit of an upgrade, you might want to look at a full JDM Spec B suspension setup. Nicd sourced a set (you need to get the top hats with them) through Yahoo Japan or maybe t was eBay Japan for about the same cost you can get springs for. I think someone needs to get into the 2nd hand parts business importing those parts to the states. *clearsthroat*PAUL, AVO*clearsthroat*[/quote] This hasn't really been confirmed. Nobody really knows if the pink springs fit on the USDM struts, but I really don't see why they wouldn't. THe only thing I could see getting on the way of proper fitment is the strut top hats. Spring rate wise...I'm not sure if the USDM struts are valved adequately to support the additional stiffness...[/quote] If you look at the pictures nicd took of the Spec B and the USDM struts, it appears that the spring "perches" (is that the right term?) are in the exact same location on the front and rear struts, so it appears that JDM springs should fit on USDM struts, and vice versa. Whether it is wise to do so based upon valving, dampening, spring rates, etc., is a different issue. http://legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=1357&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75[/url]

[quote name='SC GT'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='SUBE555']Well, from what I think someone here posted, they only work with the JDM components. Different mounting or something like that. We're also awaiting SPT parts for the car such as springs or upgraded coil-overs. If you're looking for quite a bit of an upgrade, you might want to look at a full JDM Spec B suspension setup. Nicd sourced a set (you need to get the top hats with them) through Yahoo Japan or maybe t was eBay Japan for about the same cost you can get springs for. I think someone needs to get into the 2nd hand parts business importing those parts to the states. *clearsthroat*PAUL, AVO*clearsthroat*[/quote] This hasn't really been confirmed. Nobody really knows if the pink springs fit on the USDM struts, but I really don't see why they wouldn't. THe only thing I could see getting on the way of proper fitment is the strut top hats. Spring rate wise...I'm not sure if the USDM struts are valved adequately to support the additional stiffness...[/quote] If you look at the pictures nicd took of the Spec B and the USDM struts, it appears that the spring "perches" (is that the right term?) are in the exact same location on the front and rear struts, so it appears that JDM springs should fit on USDM struts, and vice versa. Whether it is wise to do so based upon valving, dampening, spring rates, etc., is a different issue. http://legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=1357&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75[/url][/quote] Right...which is why I wanted to give it a try.... :o

[quote name='racerdave'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']I can say with 90% certainty that there will be some sort of upgrade for out cars (from STi) in the near future. :D[/quote] And just why is that?? :)[/quote] Unfortunately I don't have any concrete info, but judging by SOA's recent turn toward supporting performance accessories I would think they would offer something for thier flagship. If not, I would estimate that Prodrive (which I trust as much as SOA) will have something comperable.

I placed 2 or 3 PMs and e-mails to Simon Lines of Prodrive USA asking whether they have anything in development for the Leg GT, and I never even received a courtesy response. I don't know what's going on over there, but I'm pretty disappointed that they wouldn't even bother to respond with a non-response.

Yeah, prodrive isn't good at all about answering questions about possible development projects. Sube asked a while ago and they never got back to him. I guess they must get so many emails and calls that they probably have a policy about not answering them. Sucks though, would be nice to maintain hope. They would be silly not to make them though.

FYI, I called and spoke to Miles, the owner, and he said he's sold 4-5 sets, and the the pink springs are a direct bolt-on. The blurb about "spring perches" on his web-site is a mistake. One of his customers said they reduce the floatiness of the stock suspension, drop around 20 mm.

[quote name='SC GT']FYI, I called and spoke to Miles, the owner, and he said he's sold 4-5 sets, and the the pink springs are a direct bolt-on. The blurb about "spring perches" on his web-site is a mistake. One of his customers said they reduce the floatiness of the stock suspension, drop around 20 mm.[/quote] But do they retain the comfort of the stock suspension, is the real question. That, and who in their right mind would pony up $6k for that Brembo kit? I would think that the STi links and pink springs, if indeed they are compatible with the USDM dampers, would be a very nice setup for those interested in a mild state of tune. The STi pink springs, added to the WRX's stock dampers, actually improved ride quality. Some speculated that their slight lowering got the WRX dampers just past their point of highest resistance to compression. I got to ride in and drive a car with the STi pink/WRX stock struts. It was very nice, and the ride quality was indeed excellent. Kevin

Yeah, I told him that he should have one of his customers give a full report regarding springs. The report sounded positive, but it was second hand. So now you have it third hand. But at least it's confirmed that they fit with no problems.

Bilstein is making the BTS kit for our cars. I want to know however, is that are these the same dampening as the factory bilsteins? If they are, the pink STI springs will have the perfect balance of performance and stability. You then won't have to order the JDM spec-b struts and still get the spec-b feel(save some money).

Archived