LegacyGT.com

Front passenger door not locking/unlocking

Just picked up my new '06 LGT mid-June, but I used to have a wrx so I'm not new to the subie world. Anyway, when I use the remote entry to unlock or lock all doors, sometimes the front passenger door doesn't unlock or lock. Also, if all doors do unlock, sometimes the front passenger side door won't lock after I've gotten in and attempted to lock the doors using the power locks. So I'd have to reach over and open and close the front pass. door. Then it'll lock. The door's always closed completely, so I've ruled that out. Like I said, this happens sporadically, but I hate having to check to see if all the doors are locked after I've walked away or unlocked as I get to my car.

I did a search, but didn't find what I was looking for. Anyone else have this problem? If so, is it something that's easily fixable? I'd rather avoid bringing the car to the dealer for fear of them scratching the interior panels or what not lol paranoid.

Take a picture of your door before you go in to prove there are no scratches or anything, then have them fix it. My windows button on my driver side sometimes goes out or gets stuck. Usually when I bang the side a couple times it fixes it :) Maybe the guy working at the plant on that doors is slacking off.

Archived