LegacyGT.com

storage bin btw air vents used for HU?

ritual

i'm planning out a stereo upgrade, and i was going to use LOC's on the stock unit, but the more i think about it, setting up the stereo that way will just be too expensive for me. i'd have to get the LOC's, then id have to get a 3way crossover for the sub and my components, then have to have an eq, etc etc.... but since i already have an alpine 9815 cd player, i can use the eq in there, and the 3way crossover. and i dont have to buy anything more. now, i've thought about hacking up the bezel that the stock cd player has, but im very nervous about that, as is everyone else around here. the storage bin between the two ac vents seems to be about the right width for a cd player though. if i ripped it out, is there anything behind it that could get in the way of the cd player? im sure this idea has been thrown around and the answer is that it's probably not feasible, but i'd like to be sure. thanks for any help.

I just had my car apart for my IPOD project, and I think you may be able to do that with some modification. A head unit might just fit there. That part snaps out, just press down on the top and pull. After you get it out part way, there are two wire connectors you'll have to disconnect. Then measure away, and post what you find!

Okey doke. Thanks for the info. Still looking into the japanese nav screen from KoI myself. That and getting a micro-itx PC in DIN form factor into the glove box. Got to think about the CD line input at some point. Let us all know if you ever figure out the other pins on that ribbon cable you tied into. (Its not in the service manual right?) -NP

I believe you need to machine new uprights to support the dash, and to screw the DIN to. If you take a look at this old [url=http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=1353&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15]thread[/url] you should find an example kit from the japanese market. I think its somewhere in the pile of pictures on page 2 of the thread. -NP

• 2 weeks later...

Archived