LegacyGT.com

Stereo Install Help

subieleg

The other day i spent about an hour taking stuff apart so i could install my amp and sub... But what i firured/was told was easy to install wasnt easy. i have all the ground wires, battery fuse and cable so on to install no wiring harness or anything because i was told i might not need it. anyways ppl told me it was easy there should be a audio in audio out hook ups on the stereo well there wasnt. so anyone know what i need to install a Kenwood 800 watt, or a kenwood 1000 watt amp and a 12 inch RF sub to my stock stereo? And a question about the sub bass. what will i need to adjust the bass manually so i dont just have the amp volume controlls?

It sounds like what you want/need is a line out converter. One that has volume control would be good (that's what you're asking for right?). And one that corrects the factory eq would be best (like a JL Cleansweep or RF 3Sixty).
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

awesome thanks for the help. I have been hearing alot about the cleansweep must be good

If you want to run your stock system but just have more bass, a cleansweep would be a waste of cash for just that.

The Cleansweep is great, dont get me wrong, but overkill for just adding a sub. Now if you want to keep your stock look, have great quaility sound source and replace all of your speakers and amplify all of them (adding a 4x amp in addition to the sub and re-wiring all the speakers) its worth the time and money over just a regular line output converter. While i dont have a cleansweep, I have had a entire higher end system in my legacy GT running off of the stock HU with line output converters and now have a single DIN headunit in my cubby and the difference between the stock head unit and a good quality source is night and day.. so if you dont like the idea of a stereo in your cubby the cleansweep is worth the investment, but if you think the stock system sounds okay to you and you just need more boom, then get a line output converter, splice into the rear speaker harness so you can run RCA outs to your sub amp

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived