LegacyGT.com

where to visit in Socal?

lhsa

hey all, i'm planning a trip in august to LA for a week. i really have no idea what to do/where to go and would love to hear suggestions for great places to visit. i know its vague, but i love car stuff, museums, hiking/beach, etc. could go anywhere from LA down to San Diego.

Where ya coming from??

I'd recommend checking out the Santa Monica Pier. Venice Beach. And if you wanna go on some killer roller-coasters then go to Magic Mountain for sure :icon_mrgr

I'm sure that I've left out a bunch of worthy sites to see. But it's late and my brains shutting down :lol:

Are you coming with family?? or with your girl?? It might help to let people know if this is gonna be like a family thing or not. Then we could tell you some cool bars to go to. :icon_bigg

- Manny S.

:munch:

i'm starting out for a few days in LA and making my way down to san diego for ~4 days and back to LA for a few days. is 4 days in san diego too much? is santa barbara a decent day trip to see wine country (love them pinot noirs).

Santa Barbara would be nice. Look into Solvang as well. In San Diego I'd suggest a walk through Balboa Park, there are a bunch of small museums that you could check out (automotive, aerospace, sports, art, history). If you're up for it I'd highly recommend going for a tandem handglide at the Torrey Pines Gliderport. You can also rent a kayak in La Jolla Shores, either on your own or as a tour. Nightlife is most prominent in Pacific Beach or Downtown (Gaslamp), and IMHO the best restaurants are in Hillcrest, but stay away if you're homophobic.

Hey if you happen to stop thru Orange County, Buena Park to be exact. You HAVE to stop by Portillos Hot Dogs. You will not regret it. Here's a link to give you an Idea..........

http://www.portillos.com/portillos/look/

(I didn't know there was one down here!?! I've been to the one in Chicago...OH damn!!!...

Looks like i got me some dinner plans for this weekend!! Thanks!!....Manny!!)

Want a Pastrami Sandwich, go to "The Hat", Burgers...In & Out, Chilli Burgers go to Tommy's...

If you are in Pasadena or Longbeach...go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles!!

Damn i'm hungry now!!

~Sucka-Duck~

thanks for the suggestions...the east coasters have you left coasters all wrong:icon_bigg

the hot dog place looks awesome: i'm all about the ghetto, local foods (with the occasional 2-3 michelin star foray).

keep them coming!

thanks for the suggestions...the east coasters have you left coasters all wrong:icon_bigg

How so??? :icon_cool

Good thread btw. I've been here the majority of my life and I have nothing to do, so one day I'll check those out, too!

-ben

I didn't know there was one down here!?! I've been to the one in Chicago...OH damn!!!...

Looks like i got me some dinner plans for this weekend!! Thanks!!....Manny!!

No problem bro. It's actually been in town since around December of last year. The cool part is that it's the only one on the west coast and I live about 2 blocks from it :icon_bigg Man am I addicted to it.

SnoDork, Let me know if you come down to eat at Portillos. I live about a couple of blocks away. Maybe I can meet up with ya.

ooooh, Maybe we should get a meet going at Portillos. Mmmmmmm :)

...SnoDork, Let me know if you come down to eat at Portillos. I live about a couple of blocks away. Maybe I can meet up with ya.

ooooh, Maybe we should get a meet going at Portillos. Mmmmmmm :)

Roger that!!

~Sucka-Duck~

(I didn't know there was one down here!?! I've been to the one in Chicago...OH damn!!!...

Looks like i got me some dinner plans for this weekend!! Thanks!!....Manny!!)

Want a Pastrami Sandwich, go to "The Hat", Burgers...In & Out, Chilli Burgers go to Tommy's...

If you are in Pasadena or Longbeach...go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles!!

Damn i'm hungry now!!

The Hat for pastrami is all wrong. If you want a great deli-style pastrami, go to Langers downtown. If you want a french-roll/dip pastrami (like the Hat), go to Johnnie's Pastrami in West LA.

Also, go to King Taco, or any taco truck you see Mexican people lining up for in the middle of the night on the Eastside. Try the sesos so you can tell all of your friends that you had a cow brain taco. El Tepeyac in East LA. Try the Manuel's Special. They used to offer you money if could eat it all by yourself.

Agree with In & Out and Tommy's re burgers. Apple Pan in West LA also has really good burgers.

Pinks on Melrose for Chili dogs. Also, would be good for you to check out the shops and the freaks on Melrose (although not as interesting as it used to be).

What's some other good heart-attack food?

Late Night HotDog Vendors in Downtown LA. You know what i'm talking about: HotDogs wrapped with Bacon, fried/cooked on a little fry cart. with grilled onion and peppers....OH SO GOOD!
~Sucka-Duck~

Late Night HotDog Vendors in Downtown LA. You know what i'm talking about: HotDogs wrapped with Bacon, fried/cooked on a little fry cart. with grilled onion and peppers....OH SO GOOD!

MAN those are the BEST when your getting out of a club. And you got the muchies from drinking and what not :icon_mrgr

MAN those are the BEST when your getting out of a club. And you got the muchies from drinking and what not :icon_mrgr

Me and a bunch of friends left a Laker Game @ the Staples Center, and the hot dog guy was out there....SO Good! to top off the night the girlscouts were out selling their "good" at like midnight!!

Damn Hotdog in one hand, Samoa's in the other....DAMN!

~Sucka-Duck~

Me and a bunch of friends left a Laker Game @ the Staples Center, and the hot dog guy was out there....SO Good! to top off the night the girlscouts were out selling their "good" at like midnight!!

Damn Hotdog in one hand, Samoa's in the other....DAMN!

hmm girlscouts at midnight? and they were handing out "somoas" hmm... hahah just kidding.

+1 for roscoes, I love them.

I would also recommend Wahoos and some good L&L hawaiin bbq

Archived