LegacyGT.com

18" x 7.5" +45 or +48 offset??

congee

8 +45 seems to be flush with the top of the fender with stock alignment so I'd say a 7.5 +45 is fine, especially after a drop.

The wheel certainly plays a part since pad height thickness is part of the equation, but has anyone used some 3 or 5mm spacers in back to balance out the wheel to fender gap front to rear?

8 +45 seems to be flush with the top of the fender with stock alignment so I'd say a 7.5 +45 is fine, especially after a drop.

The wheel certainly plays a part since pad height thickness is part of the equation, but has anyone used some 3 or 5mm spacers in back to balance out the wheel to fender gap front to rear?

I dare not to, I want as many threads I can get on my lugs..

there's a difference between a wheel that was designed at 8" +45 and a 8"+48 with a 3mm spacer.. the hub of the rim itself can vary in thickness to give the rim the right amount of seating for the lugs to mate up with the studs.. usually spoke design can negate the difference in offsets (volk, work and many other companies offer different "faces" for this very reason to clear big brake kits).

Keefe

Ok a follow up question for the tire mastas.

With a 235/40R18 on a 7.5" how would you compare the look of the 2 offsets?

+45 will the tires stick out a bit vs. with a +48 they might look closer to flush or will they both stick out a bit.

Looking for that flush look. Not too far out not too tucked in. Thinking the +48 would be best?

-Thx

3mm would be fine. Plus, you could just buy longer lug nut bolts...

if you want to go through all that trouble of getting longer bolts, open ended lugs and spacers, that's fine. but I rather spend that money on a rim. ;)

Keefe

Ok a follow up question for the tire mastas.

With a 235/40R18 on a 7.5" how would you compare the look of the 2 offsets?

+45 will the tires stick out a bit vs. with a +48 they might look closer to flush or will they both stick out a bit.

Looking for that flush look. Not too far out not too tucked in. Thinking the +48 would be best?

-Thx

I had 235/40R18 tires on 18x7.5 with a 45 offset (from my WRX). The rear tires would hit on dips...just a slight high pitched squeal and no marks, but not good.

As promised, here's some pictures of the installed rims...

I went with the 18" x 7.5" +48 offset with 225/40/18

Yes.. its spec-b Wanna bes.... Enjoy!! :icon_cool

Specail thanks to Keefe and Patagonian GT for clarifying eveyrthing up for me! :icon_wink

Looks GREAT, although I do think you now need that subtle (H-tech) drop. Exel TZ-10's?? Love those wheels - had them on my Mazda6 and got lots of compliments. Looking at that I'd have to say the +48 offset was the right choice!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Looks GREAT, although I do think you now need that subtle (H-tech) drop. Exel TZ-10's?? Love those wheels - had them on my Mazda6 and got lots of compliments. Looking at that I'd have to say the +48 offset was the right choice!

Thanks!! I'm glade I went with the +48 too!! Perfectly flushed!!

The rims are actually by IKON, but they're exactly the same as the Excels. I'm actually shopping around for the H-techs. I'll post another pic once that gets installed.

• 8 months later...
back from the dead, but where did u get ur rims? i can only find Exels with 45 offset

I have 18x7.5 rims with 45mm offset on my LGT sedan. I even went with the wider 225-40-18 tires and the fit is perfect. There is no rubbing, even lowered 1.5" with my coilovers. I am not sure why people keep looking for 51mm offset and the like, unless you like the tucked in look. The wheels are still tucked a little bit in the back - you could go as low as 40mm in the back, but 45mm is about as far as I'd go in the front. I bet 43mm would work with 215mm tires.

Good luck, Chris

Archived