LegacyGT.com

Dsport magizine

bosco

i picked up the june 06 issue #42B it has a test and tune of an 06 spec B. they put a Cobb dp, ss header,up, ECUTEK reflash, and intake. got 283 whp! next month bigger turbo. very interesting. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

i picked up the june 06 issue #42B it has a test and tune of an 06 spec B. they put a Cobb dp, ss header,up, ECUTEK reflash, and intake. got 283 whp! next month bigger turbo. very interesting. bosco

Their baseline dyno showed around 230hp completely stock though. Overall gain was quoted at around 50hp at the wheels. Based on what the tuners here have quoted as stock power, 240-250hp sounds a little more like what you could expect. I don't remember if they said what kind of dyno they used. Damn if it wouldn't be sweet if there were some freaks out there really pulling 230hp stock. (Well, only if mine was one of them.)

Edit: Here's the link

http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2006/0606_feat_article.shtml

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

They need to do some research before writing articles with wrong information in them.

They say that the missing 50hp from the STi is from the lack of variable valve timing and boost levels. Last time I checked we have AVCS and a smaller turbo, which the latter would account for the lack of 50hp.

i got the issue at Woodmans Grocery in N.Aurora il. try Jewel/Osco also. i've gotten Dsport there to. the July issue which i did not know is out also. thery're going to raise the boost. i could'nt get my scan to work will try again later. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived