LegacyGT.com

Odd end of the night with Legacy...

Well I saw Hero tonight and then I came back with my friend into his housing development and the whole place was flooded but the in road wasn't all that bad and his Jeep went through just fine. On the way out though I was leaving in the Legacy and the out road was totally flooded and dropped into about 2 feet of water suddenly when I veered the Legacy onto the grass where it immediatley sank about 8-10 inches into the thick, wet mud. After a broken nylon tow rope and a little modifying of the chains we got the Jeep and the Legacy on the same page and it came out pretty uneventfully. Spun the car around once and went through a puddle and the mud was gone. Wasn't fun to be stuck in there but I figured it was better then burrying the motor into the water.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Glad your Legacy is good to go. Definitely don't want the engine under water if you can help it. BTW - where did you hook up the tow strap on your car? I thiink the whole east coast is inundated by Charlie, Francis and now Ivan. My home town in NW PA had a 17' surge in the Allegheny River and that has both the Tionesta and Kinzua dams holding back the floods. Downtown was flooded by one of the tributary creeks that flow into the Allegheny. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='axis008']Wow. It's good your car is okay. Must be raining a lot in NJ or something?[/quote] Im actually donw in NC for school and it poored here last night and there was a lot of flash floods as I live right by the ocean. I attached the chain to the dinky tow strap in the middle of the rear of the car. It was a pretty poorly designed tow hook as the chain did not fit we had to make alterations just so it could attach to the hook.

Hero was good, lots of story with a good mix of fighting. You have to be in the mood to watch it though I wouldn't suggest to people who want mindless killing.

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']Hero was good, lots of story with a good mix of fighting. You have to be in the mood to watch it though I wouldn't suggest to people who want mindless killing.[/quote] A movie with a story? No way! I wanted to see it, but haven't had a chance to. I guess I will have to take an evening and watch it.

curious, but why didn't you use the tow hook in the front of the car? Not easily accessible? As for Hero, I didn't care too much for it...I think I started falling asleep at some point. I mean, I understood where the guy was coming from..and all..but just not the best of ways to have done the movie. Just MHO. Later, and good luck with the weather...hope the floods clear soon! peace, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']curious, but why didn't you use the tow hook in the front of the car? Not easily accessible? As for Hero, I didn't care too much for it...I think I started falling asleep at some point. I mean, I understood where the guy was coming from..and all..but just not the best of ways to have done the movie. Just MHO. Later, and good luck with the weather...hope the floods clear soon! peace, i.[/quote] I guess you have to be into that kind of movie. You know, the one with a plot/plot twists and such....

[quote name='inthedeck']curious, but why didn't you use the tow hook in the front of the car? Not easily accessible? As for Hero, I didn't care too much for it...I think I started falling asleep at some point. I mean, I understood where the guy was coming from..and all..but just not the best of ways to have done the movie. Just MHO. Later, and good luck with the weather...hope the floods clear soon! peace, i.[/quote] Well the only thing in front of me was a 2 foot deep puddle and flooded grass for the next 200 feet I dont know anything that coudl tow me out from the front ha.

Hero was pretty sweet. Nice mix of cinimatogrpahy, effects, and a well rounded dose of a story with some fighting mixed in. If you wear glasses I wouldn't suggest going to the movie without them, makes it tough to read the sub-titles. :oops: :lol:

Archived