LegacyGT.com

03 Legacy or 02 Impreza rs

Hey everyone, I'm currently looking for eather a 03 legacy L or an Impreza RS. After looking at the two, the impreza seems to be more built as a sports car (less weight) and the legacy more as a comfort car (moonroof, wood dash). I kinda like both in a non-turbo version. However I haven't driven eather and I'm getting it at an auction so i won't be able to. Has anyone driven the two and can suggest why one is better then the other?

Legacy L great road car lacks limited slip rear diff, has more room, sound isolation, and decreased NVH. Lightest of the Legacy line-up. Will likely give slightly better mileage than the Impreza

Impreza RS is a great little sports car. It does have the rear LSD and four-wheel disk brakes, and crisper handling but does have a lot (IMHO) of NVH over the Legacy

2.5 SOHC engine can tend to feel underpowered in both cars (especially in the Legacy) but part of that is the lower final drive 3.73 compared to the RS's 4.11 and the Impreza's overall taller gearing.

Really comes down to what you need. Do you need a road car that will give you slightly better mileage and more comfortable ride, or do you need a car that is designed for canyon carving and seat-of-your-pants handling.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived