LegacyGT.com

CDN Bumper question & US Legacy STi

akm3

OK Stupid question. I'm not all up in arms over the bumper change like some were (OMG HE'S TALKING ABOUT BUMPERS AGAIN?! THAT DIED LIKE FIVE MONTHS AGO), but I wanted a clarification. I have *heard* That the beefed up bumper was to meet *Canadian* regulations, and not US. That being the case, and presuming that a Legacy+ (STi, SpecB, whatever) does appear in the U.S. *AND* presuming the JDM bumpers do meet US DOT regulations: What are the odds Subaru would release the Legacy+ with the JDM bumpers in the US *only*, and just not give Canada the Legacy+? ************************************************* Thought #2: The Bugeye WRX never came as the STi (in America), what are the odds that the current bodystyle will *never* be a Legacy+ in U.S.A., and that any proposed Super Legacy would coincide with a 'refresh' of the current chassis? (Probably including the 'new grille' look) in the 07MY? ************************************************* Sorry, I know no one knows anything, but I am just curious what people think is likely to happen. :o -Allen

[quote name='akm3']OK Stupid question. I'm not all up in arms over the bumper change like some were (OMG HE'S TALKING ABOUT BUMPERS AGAIN?! THAT DIED LIKE FIVE MONTHS AGO), but I wanted a clarification. I have *heard* That the beefed up bumper was to meet *Canadian* regulations, and not US. That being the case, and presuming that a Legacy+ (STi, SpecB, whatever) does appear in the U.S. *AND* presuming the JDM bumpers do meet US DOT regulations: What are the odds Subaru would release the Legacy+ with the JDM bumpers in the US *only*, and just not give Canada the Legacy+? ************************************************* Thought #2: The Bugeye WRX never came as the STi (in America), what are the odds that the current bodystyle will *never* be a Legacy+ in U.S.A., and that any proposed Super Legacy would coincide with a 'refresh' of the current chassis? (Probably including the 'new grille' look) in the 07MY? ************************************************* Sorry, I know no one knows anything, but I am just curious what people think is likely to happen. :o -Allen[/quote] 1. BLAME CANADA! :P To answer your question, not very likely I'm afraid. It would cost them too much to try and do so. 2. I think it's very likely that we won't recieve a "STi" Legacy with the current bodystyle. This will largely depend on the sales of the current GT which they will probably test for 2 years (utilizing the WRX timeframe). Who knows though, maybe Subaru has taken a hint or two and this will be accelerated to sometime in the near future. On another note, I feel that this really doesn't belong in this forum but, meh. :P

Your probably right. I was just thinking out loud, essentially. Honestly, the bumper isn't a big issue for me, but I *DO* think the JDM bumper looks better. (That picture of the body kitted White JDM sedan, shown from the side, looking all BMW like really does it for me :) I would buy the STi Legacy regardless. -Allen

Archived