LegacyGT.com

Outback 2.5 performance

I sold my old 91 Legacy 2.2L with 175,000 miles and moved up to a 99 Outback 2.5L with 71,000 miles and I almost wish I had the old one back. Besides missing the short turning radius of the old one, ( I could make a U turn on a residential street) I swear that the old 2.2L was much faster. Maybe it seemed thet way because it was so much more noisy. The new one rides great but feels like a sled compared to the old one. What are the most cost effective mods to get a little more power. I don't want a road racer, just more pickup. Thanks, Keith

I have a 98 outback and have made a few mods to it that helped the performance quite a bit.

-Open Air Intake (makes the car a little more peppy and sound a little meaner too)

-header and free flow cat

-Lightweight Crank Pulley from Perrin (made gas mileage a little better and pepped it up a little)

-IPD Adjustable Rear Sway Bar....completely changes the way the car handles. Elimates almost all body roll!

Recommend a complete tune if it hasn't had it. And you can't go wrong with those items that cloubrk mentioned. There's more that you can do with the OB but I start with those items.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived