LegacyGT.com

Normal Climate Control Function?

I was hoping you can help me determine if my climate control is working properly. I have an '05 LGT Wagon.

I am noticing that while using the "auto" feature the fan speed tends to be at full speed. Let me give an example.

Yesterday on my way home from work, I have a 30 minute commute, I set both zones to 72 degrees. The ambient temperature based on the computer was 82. The car was parked in the sun all day, but I did have the moonroof shade closed and the front windows cracked open. The "auto" fan speed was at full speed 90% of the trip. By the time I got home the fan speed was just below full speed.

Is this normal? I would think that after 30 minutes the temperature would be close to 72. The A/C is blowing cold, but not as cold as other cars.

Any feedback is appreciated.

My 3 yr old daughter was complaining she was too cold about 15min into our trip home yesterday. Temps were set at 70 bumped them up to 72, still cranking, 74 and started blowing warm air but fans were still blowing hard? Just shut it off and cracked the windows and roof. Auto doesn't work like this in other cars I've driven?

It takes a long time to cool down a wagon. If you start with full auto, any button you touch will disable that control while the others are still in auto. So if you change the fan speed only, it will continue to try to reach the set temperature without changing the fan speed.

Archived