LegacyGT.com

Better tires?

This may sound stupid, but I'm thinking of switching tires as soon as I get my Subie. The car comes with Potenza 050A tires from the factory, but so did my Mazda (plain 050, actually) and I wasn't particularly impressed with those. But now I have Potenza G3's (GIII) on Mazda, and those are a revelation! I'm inclined to Bridgestone because the dealer seems to be the only self-respecting one in the kingdom (at least they store them right and honor the warranties!), but I'm open to suggestions as long as they don't include Dunlop (don't ask!)

BTW, I know the Eagle GS-D3 is probably the best summer tire to have, but I'm not really happy with the way the dealer is doing business at this time (starting with the poorly kept worshop - plus, they're pricy!)

Shady

BTW, I'm not sure if the tire you mentioned is the same one, but I've tried out a C200 Kompressor that had similar tires in an autocross not too long ago, and I wasn't very happy with all that understeer. Not sure if it's the tires' fault, but there you go.

Well, almost all the brands are here, basically, except BFG, Uniroyal and Cooper. The BFG dealer (who also happens to be the Michelin and Mercedes dealer) stopped importing them a long time ago, probably not to put a dent into Michelin sales (though he still has the BFG signs up!) I heard the G-force is a great tire, though.

Ok, let me get this right. You live in Saudi Arabia, right? As opposed to currently being stationed there for a "short" period of time. All-in-all what are you looking for in a tire? A/S, summer only, Ultra-high perf., dedicated snow, Etc. Please give us something to work with other than "new tires".

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Pretty much anything other than the RT-615s are a compromise when it comes to street tires. If you really want to go hard-core, Hoosier makes a nice tire.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe dedicated SAND

It was a joke, and I'm glad you caught it Red Beast. It makes you look like you're paying attention this time.:icon_twis

EL4NFZT7

Archived