LegacyGT.com

Anyone else with this problem?

I'm having issues with my left front drivetrain. There's an occassonal whine coming from that area and it changes tone with the speed of the revolution. It's not constant, some days it's there, other days it's gone. Unfortunately, I don't have a dealership nearby and I also have a perrin intake with my stock being in storage in alabama for another month. I'm guessing bearing but after searching other people's posts, this isn't consistent with what other people described as a bearing problem. I also checked to make sure nothing was in between the rotor and caliper. Any suggestions?

'05 LGT Limited

I would say bearing. I had that problem in the right rear. It was making the noise for a while and I finally remembered to mention it at an oil change. Mine was done under extended warranty as my car had about 50,000 miles on it at the time.

This is not my beautiful car.

Just a guess,,tires?? How many miles on the car??

Nope, started doing it at like 14,000 miles with plenty of tread... unless there's some other more severe issue going on other than tread wear. Car now has 21,000 making me wonder if it's the bearing because it really hasn't gotten any worse or better. I would think a bearing would get worse and worse but that's just my opinion.

Archived