LegacyGT.com

sti catback exhaust on lgt?

legacy2005

searched and couldnt find anybody that has done it.

i want to put a sti catback 3 inch single tip/muffler on the lgt. there are several for the 04+ sti's that relatively cheap and that i like and would love to put on the car but im not sure if they would fit piping wise (the way they are bent).

anybody have any idea on if it would work or know of any for the lgt other then the flow from pltek, (not sure if they are making them still, since they are custom made).

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

A good idea for you may be going to a GOOD muffler shop and get a custom 3 inch made up. They can do it for way less. Someone I know had it done and he would have posted it here too but he got banned so here is a link to it on another legacy fourm.

http://www.legacygt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223

He paied $600 for it but the mufflers were like $350, he did not realize they were so much. If you were to get a lower priced set of mufflers you would probably spend under $500 for something like that, and it would be fair priced. Also IF you really wanted to you could get a custom single exhaust on your car that way, but with that the balance of your car will be upset slightly so if you go that route have it on the passanger side. You may or may not notice it at all i think it depends on how connected with the car you are.

not bad..i thought of having a muffler shop do it..but that would take way to much time..and the final outcome sound/quality is subjective to what you go with.

by buying a sti style exhaust i all ready know what it would sound like and i know the quality will be excellent. plus it would be an easy bolt on job that would take only a few mins instead of having to spend hours some place having them fab it up for me.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

This is a project that I was thinking of doing before I got the Prodrives. The difference between the LGT and the STI mufflers are the location where the pipe comes into the can. On the STI the pipe are on the center while on the LGT it's more on the side depending if the muffler is on the right or left side of the car. I think this is not a problem, I just need find time to go to a muffler shop and do it.

Archived