LegacyGT.com

HID Lamp Dead - need suggestions

ssaldana

Well I need to replace my HID bulbs from the McCulloch kit I purchased from Jinsu. Still pissed off!

anyways, I wanted to bump up the color temp to 5000k and needed to get a MANUFACTURER recommendation along with any cheap websites your guys know of.

I was leaning towards Phillips and whats this I hear about being able to use 50w bulbs as opposed to 35w? I would love to go brighter.

Will any bulb manufacturer work the McCulloch HID kit as long as it's the same bulb type?

You can use any H7-rebased HID bulb that has similar connectors (I would assume McCulloch, Kaixen, Xtec, etc. would use the same type).

You'll need a 50W ballast to run a 50W bulb (i.e. Xtec "race" kit).

Go to http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ to research more.

Edit: I found replacement Philips HID bulbs from http://www.xenondepot.com. I'd go with those.

-Mike-

How long did you have them? Cant you contact JINSU and get replacements or is there a warranty date? im sure he can get you replacements as well, but Im sure you can go to a parts store and get H7 HID bulbs,..

Did you troubleshoot yet?

1) Swap the bulb from the broken one, to the working one, to verify that it actually is the bulb

2) If it isn't the bulb most likely it's the ballast which is under warranty

3) If it is the bulb - what temp are you running, I think I have an extra 4300 - 4500k

4) Verify that the any of the connectors didn't slight pop out, I've had that happen to me on more then one occasion, they are now fully electrical taped :D

You'll need a 50W ballast to run a 50W bulb (i.e. Xtec "race" kit).

G

-Mike-

AFAIK, that is untrue. only thins different formt he 50w kit is the balast

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived