LegacyGT.com

Stromung Catback Installed

gmorris

Got my catback from rennick Subaru last night and threw it on. Everything bolted up to my Cobb catless DP great. The passenger muffler is cocked slightly so once I drive it a bit to make sure everything is seated I will adjust the hangers a tad. The sound is amazing. Even running completely catless it isn't obnoxious at all. The sound is incredibly deep at idle and when accelerating normally. Under hard acceleration it increases in pitch a little but sounds great. Whenever you let off to shift while accelerating hard you get a couple nice deep pops that sound great. The car also deffinately pulls a lot harder now. Seems to rev a lot faster and just wants to go. Overall I'm very happy. Haven't had her in the highway yet but I will tomorrow and will report back on the drone situation.

Yes I know the old exhaust was digustingly dirty but I didn't bother cleaning it last ime since I had a new one in the mail.

comparo.thumb.jpg.c65cee3fe2af73507fed6a26d3dc3add.jpg

before.thumb.jpg.e146c3f38b8f026f24f2d69bea28d022.jpg

after.thumb.jpg.2c611b66c2584b4dedbf20fcc79794f2.jpg

Great...

Pls post some soundclips!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

As stated before clips are on Scan' site. Mine does sound way different than any of teh clips which shows how pointless sound clips really are...they never sound realistic. I'm also completley catless. Besides all I have is my digital camera. If I find time on Sunday I may try to send something to Scans.

looks great, but is there anyway to make the tips tuck up into the bumper cutouts? that would look incredible.

Pretty sure I saw here that a couple of people had simply wrapped either a hose clamp or a couple of wide zip ties around the rearmost hangers and tightened them up as much as possible, which had the net effect of pulling the tips up closer to the bumper. I plan on giving that a try, along with the Hog-zaust one of these days: two mods for 1 buck!!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Yes, I have Ion sport springs and perrin sways...no clearance issues at all.

Took her out on the highway and it is deffinately loud cruising. I think one cat would make it perfect though. I will give it some time and see if it tones down or if the turbo swap/manifold porting/intake/coated uppipe change it at all before I investigate adding a resonator. My wife actually loves the sound but agrees it's a bit loud.

Archived