LegacyGT.com

Exhaust noise...

derffred

So, long story short, i have Crucial's shorty DP and racepipe(no cat) as well as an UP... my stock resonator is breaking loose internally, making slight noise.. it's bothering me.. i talked to someone on this forum that also works at a subaru dealership so he could find out if my catless exhaust would affect the warranty on the stock resonator.. and it voids everything.... soooooooooooooo what should i do.. put my stock exhaust back in and get a warranty'd resonator? should i get a cat-back (which i can't afford right now:lol: ) i'm lost ;[ anyone have any experience with this.. stage 2 catless.. making your resonator break apart?

I heard the mufflers were the only thing you could change without voiding the warrenty, unless you go to a good dealership> My friends takes his sti to ramsey, NJ for everything they are very good with your warrenty and doing mods

Take it to a muffler shop and have them cut the stock resonator out and weld in a new one. (If a catback is out of the question). Or try and find someone on here with an aftermarket Ypipe or stock pipe for you to buy.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

;[ so this weekend ima take out my crucial shorty downpipe and crucial racepipe and put my stockers back in.. hopefully wayne subaru doesn't notice my crucial uppipe... do you think it'd be okay to reuse the downpipe/turbo gasket?

i made an appointment at the dealer for next monday morning.. wish me luck that they won't see my uppipe.. i'll be praying ;x

so today i took out my shorty dp and my racepipe an put in the stocker.. left my Uppipe in though... and the noise from the resonator isn't there anymore... now tomorrow morning when i take my lgt to the dealer.. they're gonna say "we can't duplicate the problem.. therefore no further action performed" then ima put my crucial exhaust back in, and it'll make the noise.. idk wtf is going on.. hopefully they'll replace it with my word.

Archived