LegacyGT.com

Northern NJ..Painting Calipers

The Don

• 4 weeks later...
I am sure they will dry...once you apply the brakes a few times they will get plenty hot to drive off the remaining solvents but to properly cure they may need an extended time at a relatively low temp to bond....just a guess

I am in, I already have the paint, just need to get the overlays. I have wanted to do this for a while. But is somebody putting up their place for this, or just going to a public place?

X

---

If its hot out tho.. wont it dry a lil faster

you want the paint to cure a bit, with the possibility of driving home and heating up the paint, it may not stick to the metal long enough to harden and stay tacked to it and it might just run off of the caliper and onto your rims..

even my dry time after 4 hours felt it had a slight tack to it in the 90F degree heat this weekend.. good thing I didnt have any real wind.. I dont want all the dust collecting on the wet paint.

Keefe

you want the paint to cure a bit, with the possibility of driving home and heating up the paint, it may not stick to the metal long enough to harden and stay tacked to it and it might just run off of the caliper and onto your rims..

even my dry time after 4 hours felt it had a slight tack to it in the 90F degree heat this weekend.. good thing I didnt have any real wind.. I dont want all the dust collecting on the wet paint.

Did you spray or brush and what color did you use

Denial is your best friend

Did you spray or brush and what color did you use

brush on, it's a lot cleaner and less to clean up. I used Silver.. I'll post some pics once I put the rims back on the car with the new rotors and Carbotech track pads on.. I'll give it a good beating of the heat this weekend at the track and see if it runs or not.

Keefe

Archived