LegacyGT.com

Engine Stall - Intermittent

achtung

• 3 weeks later...
MAF sensor is new and I have joined all B4 forums on Yahoo and elsewhere. [quote name='apexjapan2']MAF would be my first guess. Join the legacyb4 group on yahoo to get first hand knowledge from TT owners worldwide. HTH :)[/quote]

I have got no BOV installed. Only Blitz Open Pod Filter, Oil Cooler and thats all. [quote name='apexjapan2']Haven't seen you post on legacyb4 AFAIK. MAF and 02 sensors don't show on the error codes. Do you have any leaks? Air leaks, funky BOV could also do things like that by messing up the AFRs. What mods do you have?[/quote]

IMHO, get rid of the filter, it is a MAF killer, and even if the MAF works, they often cause the MAF of that era to read wrong. Pod filters and pipes from another bigname Japanese out fit caused the same problems on a couple of cars we had to fix. Just chucking them away fixed it... That era MAF hates those intakes, so IMHO a good panel is the way to go (my car is well over 310ps and runs a std airbox w/replacement panel filter). If your std BOV is sticking or faulty, it can mess up the AFR on shifts which I guess in extreme cases could stall the motor. Have you had the car looked at?

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with apexjapan2, my guess is that MAF sensor is getting some wierd readings from the pad filter. Usually those filters are designed to make the car run leaner, though sometimes as the car gets older that can actually be too lean and would make sense why your car is stall in between shifts. So go get a panle filter and install the stock box back into place. If anything that improve the performance of the car with cooler intake temps also. Cheers, Bill Knose Lead Tuner I-Speed USA [url]www.i-speed.us[/url]

Archived