LegacyGT.com

Auto Climate Control Variables

sdgarber

I know that in "Auto" mode the climate control system automatically regulates the following variables: Air flow outlet (mode) Aire temp Fan speed Air source (recirculate or outside air) But if you change any one or more of these variables (like manually lowering the fan speed), does the system continue to automatically regulate the other variables (like cycle AC or heat on and off or change air flow outlet (mode)? OR does manually changing any of the four control variables result in the system going into full manual mode? I think the answer is that it goes into full manual. In other word it is "all or none" when it comes to the automatic function of the climate control system. I may just be crazy to ask this question :lol:

If you change ANY of the settings other than the temp, the system will go into Manual Mode. You can dial in the temp, up or down and the system will remain in AUTO but change ANYTHING else, and she all back to you. This all will only happen if u have the AC on. If you have the AC off and you dial in the temp that you want, u can up or down the fan speed and the other variables. When you turn the car off and turn it back on, the car will try and achieve the temp setting in the best way without going to AC. Hope this helps. Adam. P.S If I want to lower the fan but keep in AUTO mode, I just turn the temp up or down and its seems to be all good.

I'm disappointed to hear that. My Stealth does exactly as described in the first post - you can change any setting and it reconfigures the others automatically. My Grand Marquis will do it to a certain extent as well. I can dial in the temp but change the fan speed and it'll adjust the output air temp to keep it at the set temperature.

Yeah, I am a little disapointed with the HVAC in the legacy, probably my only interior complaint. And its not a big one, just little annoyances with the air controls, changing things on me when I don't want them changed. Like blowing the defroster when I just want normal AC. weird stuff like that.

Actually, the auto climate control system in the US Legacy/Outback will attempt to maintain a semi-auto mode depending on what settings you tweak. You'd have to mess with all the settings to get it into full manual mode, or turn it off and then bring it back online other than by hitting the auto button. Craig

Archived