LegacyGT.com

Custom Function Settings

sdgarber

Page 26 in the Legacy/Outback owners manual refers to "Custom Function Settings". The following functions can be changed to suit the owners preferences: Alarm System -- including start delay time and impact sensor operation Keyless Entry -- including warning flasher and audible signal operation Key lock in prevention -- activate or deactivate Rear window defogger - 15 min cycle or continuous operation Windshield wiper deicer - 15 min cycle or continuous operation Dome Light interlock with remote -- OFF/Short/Normal/Long duration Batery Drainage Prevention -- Activate or Deactivate My question is this. Does anyone other than a Subaru Factory trained technician know how to change these settings? The owners manual refers us owners to the dealer for details. I'd like to know how to change (or verify) these settings myself. I'm probably not alone. Please share the knowlege if you know how to change the Custom Function Settings. :)

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, besides things like activating and deactivating the alarm chirp, the manual doesn't really say what to do for some of this stuff. Unless there's magic involved, I don't see any reason we can't do it ourselves. Maybe the teardown manual will have some info.

I started a thread "How to program functionality" that is now in the "2005 Basic Operation & Maintenance" forum. [url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=2789[/url] If you find how to set any of these, please post steps there. I want to be able to do everythig I can without a trip to the dealer.

Archived