LegacyGT.com

Pretty cheap HID's

Magic

You will find that various sellers will put various Lumen Outputs with each color temp. They all vary within a few hundred. But honestly, from my experience, that's all heresay. Today's most popular kit is a 35 watt 9-15 volt ballast(12 volt), and the bulbs are all pretty much the same(the mineral glass bulb itself, not the bases). So they pretty much all have the same Lumen's for each color temp. but some people mark that number up. The only kits i know of that make more lumens at each color temp than a 35 watt 12 volt ballast is a 50 watt 12 volt ballast.

Here's probably one of the closest figures for color temp. and lumens output:

3000k - 3,200 Lumens (3x Halogen output) It's about a golden yellow color. A lot of people think it's suppose to be Crystal yellow, but it will not be that crisp unless you have it in a housing with yellow/amber lense.

5000k - 3,200 Lumens also. This light appears mostly white, and has light yellowish hue, you can see it in the road mostly. Similiar to OEM HID equipped vehicles

6000k - 2,800-2,900 Lumens, still 3x the light output of halogen and barely a difference from 5000k. Even though it has a little less light output, it light pure white light with a slight tint of blue or purple depending on the angle you see it, and the headlight type.

8000K - 2,550-2,650 Lumens. The color from this kit is a bit blue'er than 6000k, but depending on the angle you see it, it pretty much looks close to white light also but definitely has a noticeably bluer appearance than 6000k

10,000k - 2,200-2,300 lumens. Has a little bit more than 2x the output of halogen bulbs. 10000K makes a deep/dark blue light. Has a notable difference in blue tints from 8000k

12,000k - 2,100-2,150 Lumens. 2x the lumens of halogen. This color temperature is a deep bluish violet light and is deeper in color than the 10,000K.

For the 15,000k and 30,000k i have not recieved the exact spec's yet as they have just recently appeared on the market, but as soon as i recieve samples and information i will post.

From what i understand, PINK, GOLD, and BLUE have no Kelvin rating. They are 4500k-5000k bulb capsule, then specially coated with a film that will filter out certain wavelength's of light eliminating all the other colors in the light spectrum and emitting the desired color. When i find out lumens output, i will post.

I forgot to mention, I can get Green also, green isn't a color that is described in kelvin either, its like pink, gold and the BLUE.

Thanks

No problems here, like I said I am glad you are hear to provide more info about your company.

Agreed....I am sure there is some sort of loop hole, maybe it only covers bulbs for a year...whatever. I to am interested in your product but I would like to know more. Your website seems to have generic info on it regarding the differences between HID's and halogen bulbs. I was hoping to find something that compares the output (lumens) with the color temp.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is a rediculously cheap price. I sell HIDs in group buys for my current car (shopping for an '07 lgt) and i -could- sell at that price but my profit margin would be extremely small.

most bulbs are manuf by the same company, for the most part 1 company could own many names and package the ballasts all differently.

In regards to Mccolloch's being "crap" i've had my gen4 mccullochs for 2 years and the bulbs haven't even blown yet. they're on for at least an hour a day every single day. my Techone kits that I sell have been on for nearly a year w/o a hitch.

cert's he's talkin about is ISO and e-mark just proves the brand manufacturers the kits in a standardized process.

• 9 months later...
about 8 months ive had that hid kit and the p/s side is not working. i installed everything by the book carefully and theres no way its a connection because i swithed the bulbs and the driver side bulb works perfectly on both side and p/s side is still broke. It would come on and it starts to warm up for about 5 second, then it shuts off. Need replacement but banzaiexpress wont even pick up my calls / or rsvp any emails. Scammers? sell cheap bad products then run away? why wont they reply?

Archived