LegacyGT.com

TDC Map Application Clarification *

It seems that there has been some confusion amongst our customers as to what they should do when they purchase maps from us.

I thought I would put up a small post to clarify some things.

When you purchase a map we need the following things:

1. Year
  2. Transmission
  3. Mods
  4. Octane
  5. Your Name
  6. LGT Name
  7. email to send the map to

Now....we then take the information that you provided, analyze the maps and then provide you with the map that tunes for your application. If you request to have the TPS updates there is sometimes a space problem. So we have solved this by creating a base map and then a realtime to go on at the same time. You need to run both.

I do disclose this in my email delivery to the purchaser but I wanted to put a wide spread notification out as well.

So if you purchase a TDC protune map and we send you just a base then that is all you need to run.

If we send you a base and realtime you need to run them both.

The only exception to this would be if we sent you a 91 and 93 version of a base, you obviously can't run those both together.

The other thing I wanted to mention quickly is that the map we send you is verified as the correct one before we send it. However if you go into the properties of that protune on the AP software it may not agree with what we said we sent you. Like it may say 91 when you asked for 93.

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS!!!!

The properties have not been updated on all maps and doesn't really mean anything. So be assured that you have the correct map for your specific application!

Thanks everyone! I hope this helps a little more!

Joe - TDC Tuning

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

Scenario:

I'm sent a TDC base map and also a realtime map to accomodate the TPS revision I requested. After evaluation, I decide I prefer the original TPS settings over the new ones (or both, but it depends on the situation).

Question:

Can I reset the ECU to revert back to the original TPS settings stored in the base map or would this reset also delete other paramaters that were on the RT map besides just TPS? In other words, could the RT map be used as a toggle between original and new TPS settings if I wished one or the other depending on the particular driving situation (track day, daily commute, etc.) or must the base and RT always be used togeter because the RT map is has more than just TPS parameters?

If you can make up a "fill-in form" similar to what PDX Tuning has, it will make your life a little easier and less confusion.:)
"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Scenario:

I'm sent a TDC base map and also a realtime map to accomodate the TPS revision I requested. After evaluation, I decide I prefer the original TPS settings over the new ones (or both, but it depends on the situation).

Question:

Can I reset the ECU to revert back to the original TPS settings stored in the base map or would this reset also delete other paramaters that were on the RT map besides just TPS? In other words, could the RT map be used as a toggle between original and new TPS settings if I wished one or the other depending on the particular driving situation (track day, daily commute, etc.) or must the base and RT always be used togeter because the RT map is has more than just TPS parameters?

No it doesn't work this way. Not all of the just the TPS stuff is on the realtime. It isn't like it is a switch. It is interwoven together and when you add TPS changes in Jon needs to break up the tune. It is hard to explain without you seeing how the portuner stuff works.

But to answer your questions no you cannot just take off the realtime if you don't like the TPS. You need new maps again.

As far as a fill-in form, I agree that would be easier but that is web design and I am not sure our online store application can do that. I honestly have no idea.

Everything for TDC goes through paypal. I need to talk to Jon and see how flexible the software is.

No

You run a base to FLASH the ECU, then you can always put a realtime over any base map to either enhance it (as in what I am talking about above) or change the characteristics like and economy map or something.

Reatime maps do NOT include all of the parameters of a base. Think of it this way. If there are 100 parameters that a car has in a map. The base can usually do all 100 of them. But a realtime is still somewhat "see through" to the base below it b/c it can only hold like 60 say. So it needs somewhere else to look for the other 40. So basically what base you have will still effect any realtime you have on there in some way. The realtime is not 100% runnable by itself.

I don't know if that made sense but i hope so

I had been running just your base map since you sent it a few days ago. If you hadn't mentioned this I wouldn't have known to run the RT "on top of it". Good work!

Guest *Jedimaster*
I had run only the base map since I got it- just put the realtime on last night and it kicks ass- something about the tmic. Strange thing is, the AP only tells me about the base map being on there- it doesn't list the realtime as being loaded on the car. I mean, it appears on the AP, but the AP doesn't say it's on the car. I guess it is though because it runs way better and is much more responsive- and I thought it was great before!

:)

It doesn't show on the AP b/c of what I wrote above. The car can't function without a base map. Period. It is like the heart of the system. So when you tell the AP to "show current map" you are really telling it, show me what is making this car run. And it tells you the base map.

It is very simple to make sure you have the realtime on, just flash it with that realtime every now and then. I dont' think you will lose it ever though unless you disconnect the battery or reset the ECU;

Glad you are enjoying Jedi

Guest *Jedimaster*
:)

It doesn't show on the AP b/c of what I wrote above. The car can't function without a base map. Period. It is like the heart of the system. So when you tell the AP to "show current map" you are really telling it, show me what is making this car run. And it tells you the base map.

It is very simple to make sure you have the realtime on, just flash it with that realtime every now and then. I dont' think you will lose it ever though unless you disconnect the battery or reset the ECU;

Glad you are enjoying Jedi

Ah, that makes sense- thanks!

Se2002 we have your order and we will process it shortly. Thanks for the business you won't be disappointed.

Oh and if drinking makes you order TDC stuff......stay on the bottle! HAHAH J/K

• 2 weeks later...
To TDC Tuning II:

Just ordered tonight after drinking some V.S.O.P.

Are they still on Back Order?

Can't wait!

Jedi- your Avatar is very disturbing!

Just read this and had to laugh as I'm usually the same way. They should also put a warning on all bottles of alcohol that it may impair your judgement on eBay.

Also, if you ever send your boss an email from home or while on the road, you should always take an inventory of the empty beer cans around you before you hit "send". Trust me.

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

Archived