LegacyGT.com

Hell, im bored, soo story time. (centers around my leggy)

Soo my friend wanted to drive my subaru the other day after finals. I said sure, you have never been in an accident and your not new to performance cars. So he gets it out on the intercity highway opens up the engine a bit. Boy, the turbo caught him by suprise lol.

Soo as he turns onto the highway he then procedes to jam my tranny twice ...

first to second ... CLUNK :icon_surp ... second to third ... CLUNK :icon_surp

This kid actually drives a stick in his car, through its a mazda, he said the clutch is pretty much idenical.

After the first clunk im looking down into the foot well hoping my tranny doesnt explode, after he gets to speed. Im like "TYLER!!, carefully with my transmission", he says, "thats nothing". Im thinking, on sure, lets just drop one of my gears or break my clutch in half, that would be something.

I wasn't really impressed with his shifting ability ... as you can guess. My poor clutch though ... :(. I really thought he could do better, I mean dear god, I mean I have been driving a clutch for 4 months and can do way better than that (smooth speed shifting, of course I'm just a natural I guess haha); he has been driving one for 2 years.

I love my car ... basically.

I think the noise was made cause he was droping it when he shifted, (like trying to chirp 2nd,or 3rd in a FWD or RWD, just droping the clutch hard)

I have always found I can get more speed out of the car shifting right, and not that way.

Atleast when i had a clutch ... lol

your friend is used to drive a MT on a 2WD, driving a AWD with MT is different you can't dump the clutch or else you will hear that clunking sound

He actually killed it once, I was like, Its alittle different on this car, you have to have enough power to turn all 4 wheels. :lol:

I got one better for you,

I had my car for about 4 weeks and I went to the local watering hole for some drinks….After a few hours I thought I had to much to drink…. So my body who just pulled in with his Firebird said that he would drive my car home and catch a ride with my other friend back to the restaurant. I’m thinking this should be cool…..he drives a manual Firebird with some mods…..and he's my friend. So I hand him the keys….mistake one…We get in the car the first thing he does revs my baby up to 4.5k-5k and lets the clutch out real slow…..I could smell clutch in the car and out. So I yell “YO !! What are you doing?” :icon_mad: he replies “my bad”….. mistake two…..we get out on the main strip and I say “get it, see how it pulls”:icon_twis …so he proceeds to rev it again and dump the clutch….”THUD!!!”:icon_surp and my baby bogs out….. Then he goes “what happened?”:confused: I reply just take my home real slow. Lesson that was learned, nobody drives the rooo unless you drive an AWD car or you are a Mechanic. If I had to much....I'll get my roo towed home....

^^ I think I'm gonna need a drink now after trying to "decipher" this one^^?? Who the hell rides a mechanic?:iam::lol: :lol: (maybe his wife/GF?)
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived