LegacyGT.com

Rear passenger door trim issue

I just noticed an issue tonight with my passenger side rear door panel. The fabric on the insert was folded over the armrest. I tucked it back in and thought everything was OK.... but as soon as you put your arm (or any weight) on the arm rest... the fabric just pops out again.

I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow after work for them to look at it.

Has anyone else had an issue with this? I searched but didn't find anything.....

IMG_0323.thumb.JPG.b5dceb470790cd254a8e2e1ab89669c1.JPG

IMG_0325.thumb.JPG.9ca22c46e520ef2a6dc6ff134b083ce7.JPG

They'll just replace the whole door panel. Mine had a molding flaw in the vinyl part of the arm rest. There was a post somewhere else around here from someone who had this area on the door panels redone in contrasting leather (along with the seat inserts). I would imagine if you know what you are doing it is fixable.
It is still ugly.

Thanks for posting this one i totally forgot about that prob. i have the same thing in the same door hahahaha thanks again

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I just noticed an issue tonight with my passenger side rear door panel. The fabric on the insert was folded over the armrest. I tucked it back in and thought everything was OK.... but as soon as you put your arm (or any weight) on the arm rest... the fabric just pops out again.

I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow after work for them to look at it.

Has anyone else had an issue with this? I searched but didn't find anything.....

This happened to me this weekend, I'm not happy about it. Now I'm going to have to goto the dealer and get them to replace it. Mine looks a little worse since it must have been like that for at least a few days and will just spring back up if you push it back in. Thats pretty shitty.

Did your dealer give you any BS about replacing it?

I had a different problem with my driver's side front door panel, which my dealer 'repaired' twice and then replaced the whole panel the 3rd time I brought it back. They were great - no BS at all, and they were apologetic that it took so long to get right. My problem was with the actual handle part: it didn't fit tight to the panel at the top.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

This happened to me this weekend, I'm not happy about it. Now I'm going to have to goto the dealer and get them to replace it. Mine looks a little worse since it must have been like that for at least a few days and will just spring back up if you push it back in. Thats pretty shitty.

Did your dealer give you any BS about replacing it?

Unfortunately... yeah.... it is always a PITA!

Well... my car is nearly to 35K miles... and the warranty is about to expire. I have had a fit and fiinish issue with my center console since the car was new. The shifter plate sits cocked in the front and doesn't line up with the bottom of the radio plate. So.. I was going to get it repaired..... but I wasn't in a big rush.....Then I found this issue with the passenger side rear door panel.

So ... yesterday after work, I took the car into Hatfield for them to look at it. Well... the service manager looks the car over and then gives me some story about how the interior parts are only covered for 1 year or 12,000 miles!!!! I said... its a 3 year - 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. He tells me to call Subaru......

So... I went out to the car and called 1-800-Subaru3 and talked to a customer service representitive. He says that the manager is completely wrong and then he puts me on hold and calls the service dept. and talks directly to the service manager. He tells them that the warranty is, indeed, 3 year - 36K mile warranty ... even on the interior parts.

So... they are ordering me a door panel.........

...... but the service manager is still giving me some grief about the shifter trim panel since I have gauges installed in my cubby. I told him that the cubby is completely seperate from the shifter plate/console... and that I thought it was not right to try and deny the repair. He said that they would take it apart when I came back in next week to see what they can do about it..... :rolleyes:

Well.... tomorrow will be 1 week and I haven't heard back from them yet. If I don't get a call by Friday, I guess I'll call Kent and see what the status is.....

Archived