LegacyGT.com

One Week Review: Likes and Dislikes

Likes: Dual Climate Control! - My WRX AC was weak, and I heard that the bugs weren't worked out of the Forester dual climate control, and I wasn't impressed with dual climate control in my '96 328, so I was pleasantly surprised that my LGT air blew strong, cool, and that the dual nature of the unit actually works! Also, the drain on power isn't nearly as bad with 2.5l. Cloth Seats! - I like their looks, their manual adjustability, and that they do not scorch me. The seats may be cloth, but they don't make the interior look cheap in any way. Suspension - So far, I'm happy with the firmness of the suspension. But, I am still deep in break in, so haven't worked it out hard at all. My opinion re firmness and roll may change when I get past 1000. Dislikes: Black Interior gets extremely hot - But this just gives me an excuse to get all my windows tinted. Momo shift knob gets extremely hot - I had to drive around with my son's sock over the shifter one afternoon. Break in - After one week of ownership, I only have 270 miles to show for it. But, should double that over the weekend. Just have to be patient. Key and Alarm Fob are too big - Can't understand why they are so jumbo. My Acura had the chip immobilizer and that key wasn't much larger than a normal key. And Subaru's alarm fobs seem to be getting bigger, not smaller. Why not give us those cool JDM key/fob combos? In summary, my dislikes are trivial. This is a great car, and with the IMBA/VIP discount, it wound up costing me, out-the-door, pretty much the same as my 2002 WRX wagon with SPT suspension installed! :D Maybe I'll provide a more performance oriented update if I ever get beyond 1000 miles. :x

[quote name='sigmeda']Do you know if the imba discount would apply to a lease deal? --sigmeda[/quote] i am pretty sure it has to be bought, but i don't know.... friend of mine had a certificate from Ski Instructors of Amer. to get a wrx at dealer cost, and he had to buy it...

[quote name='SC GT']Key and Alarm Fob are too big - Can't understand why they are so jumbo. My Acura had the chip immobilizer and that key wasn't much larger than a normal key. And Subaru's alarm fobs seem to be getting bigger, not smaller. Why not give us those cool JDM key/fob combos?[/quote] Dude, those are to make up for things Legacy owners are *ahem* lacking...

[quote name='SC GT']Likes: Black Interior gets extremely hot - But this just gives me an excuse to get all my windows tinted. [/quote] Eh, after switching to a silver exterior color, that seemed to be much more of a factor in how warm the interior gets. I was concerned about that to going from a light to black interior, but so far it's been MUCH cooler.

Had my car for a little over a week. My biggest complaint to date has been the radio reception - the in-glass antenna is weak compared to the one in my 1991 Accord. Other than that...I love the car. I've even been able to get good gas mileage (28 mpg hwy), surprisingly enough.

[quote name='wunderkind']Me thinks in-glass antennaes are generally weak. It's crappy with our folk's 330ci too.[/quote] The inglass antenna seems much better than the external antenna on my old 1991 Legacy. I suspect there are a lot more variables than weather the antenna is built into the glass or not. I'm happier with it built in to the glass, one less thing to snag when washing the car.

Archived