LegacyGT.com

Need HELP buying a '05 or '06 Legacy - WA area

Legomax

Although I've really been leaning toward the LGT, I've decided is the best way to go atm is a '05/'06 Legacy 2.5i Limited Edition. I want leather seats, and Limited Edition has 'em.

Now the problem is, I've never-ever bought from a dealership before. It was always either private sale or my friends auction. So I pretty much suck at getting the best price from a dealer. Here's the info for my new Legacy:

1) Either '05 or '06 Legacy 2.5i (new or very low mileage)

2) Must have leather interior

3) I need to know the current invoice pricing

4) The BEST dealrship in WA (I don't mind going far distances if they have what I need).

5) Maybe the best sales person in a dealership who had been helping around here?

6) Who has the best deals? (rebates/discounts and etc.)

7) What is the best way to get a price quote, ONLINE or in-person?

8) I am located in Seattle area (WA).

9) Anything else I should know? (Think of me as a BIG newbie who's trying to get a good deal... I'm not afraid of sales men, I just don't know the prices for these cars)

Thanks! :)

BTW, after looking at Edmunds.com, price goes at around 19k for '05 and around 23k for '06. But that's the LGT area, I was thinking about something lower for the 2.5i Limited prices, any thoughts?

19k and 23k aren't really near the LGT area.

Go to Subaru.com and put your zip code in the top right corner to find all the dealerships in your area. Go to each of those sites and do a search for new Legacy 2.5i Limiteds. When you get those lists, click on them to find the ones that have the options and color you want. On that screen, input your name and contact info for an online price quote. They should give you a nice, low quote with all rebates and incentives applied to the price.

Don't worry about specific dealerships or specific salesmen. You can get the best deals online usually.

19k and 23k aren't really near the LGT area.

Go to Subaru.com and put your zip code in the top right corner to find all the dealerships in your area. Go to each of those sites and do a search for new Legacy 2.5i Limiteds. When you get those lists, click on them to find the ones that have the options and color you want. On that screen, input your name and contact info for an online price quote. They should give you a nice, low quote with all rebates and incentives applied to the price.

Don't worry about specific dealerships or specific salesmen. You can get the best deals online usually.

And,after you get that best price, call this guy and inform him that I sent you his way(must mention me as the one who refferred you) and he will give you a price. Tell him what you found, what the price is, and ask him to give a better one if he can.

Kalei Mau (503)672-3310 or (503)330-8750 are his numbers,

And my name is Mike Brackenbrough.

If you mention that I asked you to call him, your quote will be lower.

Mike

And,after you get that best price, call this guy and inform him that I sent you his way(must mention me as the one who refferred you) and he will give you a price. Tell him what you found, what the price is, and ask him to give a better one if he can.

Mike

Two months ago, my brother got a good deal for his brand new 2006 Subaru Outback SE Diamond Gray Metallic from Carr subaru whosales department (Kalei Mau was our sales people and you can mention Larry with 2006 Diamond Gray Outback and he will know who I am).

MSRP:$27,920. Invoice minus $1,000 and Minus Subaru $2,000 Rebate, Final price:$23,203. Kalei's a great guy, and he will show you his sales price in less than 5 mins. Remember, he's going to earn his commison fee $300 Per vehicle sales and that's probablely his deadline. Good luck shopping.:)

Thanks a LOT fellow members!! Apparently I'm going out of time. So I will only be able to start real shopping next week. .... CAN'T WAIT!! :D

I think I can mention both of you guys, and maybe if somebody else will chime in I'd mention everybody, and then I might get a nicer deal?.. as well as something better for you maybe?

Mike

Hey Mike, you know anyone in SoCal? :D

I have to agree with most everyone above. :) Carr Subaru is probably the lowest price dealer in the NW. I dealt with Christian (I believe he was fleet sales there at Carr) when I wanted mine. Sadly I was unable to get the Subbie I wanted transfered over there and had to travel to Bend, OR to buy (Thomas Sales, didn't like them AT ALL. :( ).

You can also go to cars101.com and contact Joe Spitz to see what he can offer. He's the internet guy and gives one straight up price up front. You just have to tell him exactly what car on the lot you want and he'll give you a quote. If you want local, it's an easy way to go as he's out of Carter in N. Seattle. I would suggest you contact the people's suggestions above, contact Joe, and then use the prices between them to see what you can get! :) Everyone usually gets a $50 gift card for reccomending another customer at most dealerships, at least that's what Joe does for me. ;) Just find the best price and then make sure someone on here gets a little love!!!

If you do buy out of state, it's a bit harder to get all the taxes squared away when registering the car. Just getting all the paperwork sent up was tough, at least it was when I did it. BUT, that being said, Carter will give you loaners for life if you buy from them OR if you buy out of state. Win, win either way. :D They did it for me! Sorry at lot us didn't see this earlier! I'm usually over in the PNW section! :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived