LegacyGT.com

benefits of waxing

I use a quik wax by maquirs, and a paste wax once every 2 months. So yeah, I wax after every wash if not, I use quik detailer to protect the wax too. Hey, I am lazy but i want the LGT too look good and be protected. So yes even if you can't see the protection, your car looks great. What more could you want?

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

Read this. That should help. :)

You shouldn't need to wax every time you wash. Even the worst wax should last for a month. It just depends on how fresh you want your shine to look. There is a lot more to car care than just throwing on a coat of wax every other month though...

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

what are the benefits of waxing. can i just wash the car? does waxing protect the car?

One of my all time favorite lazyman waxes is Eagle One Wax as U dry. You wash your car, leave it wet and then spray and wipe it on, then wipe of completely with a dry cloth. Done. Results you have to see to believe.

Only negative is it has to be done in the shade on a cool car surface. Last about a month. Its only a "bandage" but its quick and easy.

My car is severly detailed with Klasse AIO, Wolfgang spritz and S100 :D so I use this to top off every month or so if I am lazy or need to get going soon.

Sure. You just can't layer any other sealants on top if you decide to use a spray wax. Sealants won't bond to waxes.

Something I like better than the Wax as you Dry stuff is their Nano Spray Wax. That stuff is really good. It's worth trying out if you like spray waxes.

OCDETAILS BLOG

hmm i remember u once said that nano spray attract dust like there's no tormorrow. But is that REALLY that bad?

I think i am gonna get a part time that i gotta park outside for 8 hours a day.

What else can i do to protect car paint?

MY LEGACY NEVER HAD STAY THAT LONG OUTDOOR EVER. I PAID TO PARK AT GARAGE USUALLY WHEN I NEED TO SAY OUTSIDE FOR A LONG TIME.

It attracts dust just like all waxes do. My initial tests could have been affected by the fact that it was pollen season and everything got coated with dust no matter what you used. It doesn't seem to do all that much worse with dust attraction than a normal carnauba wax. There isn't any way to stop dust from getting on your car if you park it outside. A car cover is really the only way to keep dust off your car while it is parked.

OCDETAILS BLOG

wah... that'll look pretty odd with a car over on the car, not to mention pulling a covering on a car potentially with sand on it.

I guess if i do get that job then i'll just wax more often =(

And also, another dumb question, for those wax as u dry bottles, can i use it when the car is dry? :lol:

I also remember u said those are good tool to clean bird dropping without needed to wash the whole car?

Just remember that there is becoming more and more of a gap between 'quick detailers' and 'spray waxes'. If your car is dirty then a spray wax isn't the best product to get it clean. Quick detailers usually pack a little more of a punch when it comes to cleaning bird bombs and stuff like that. I would try to stick to that end of the product spectrum if you can. Spray waxes rock, but try to stick to using them on a clean car. You'll be happier with your results.

I'm working on an article right now for someone that deals with the differences between spray waxes, spray sealants, and quick detailers in a little more depth. I'll point it out when it gets done. I still need to do a little more research.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived