LegacyGT.com

My CS Install *56k warning*

eb50

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
have you had any problems with interference or noise with the rcas so close to the power wire??? (first picture... yikes)

not particularly. edead is installed in the trunk door, spoiler, and 3 of 4 doors. It sounds much fuller and the :iam: rattle appears to be gone. xm antenna is now hidden in the spoiler as well. I do notice more "dead" spots with the xm, but not enough to warrant me pulling it apart again.

hopefully tint and HIDs are next. AP st1 is installed too. This is addictive. Oh yeah, Axim x51v is installed for tomtom5 nav. Ill take some pics soon.

actually, what I meant was have you had an alternator whine or ground loop noise as a result of the orientation of the power wire next to the RCAs/speaker wire?

XM in spoiler... cool!

dont really get what ur saying so ill guess no

Aaagghhh...must clean up & hide wiring! (my OCD coming out)...

Nice setup. Sounds like it's still a work in progress. If you ever do get around to cleaning up the wiring, you can safely nix one of each 8g's to the amps, you're not gaining a thing by having two in place.

Enjoy!

Aaagghhh...must clean up & hide wiring! (my OCD coming out)...

Nice setup. Sounds like it's still a work in progress. If you ever do get around to cleaning up the wiring, you can safely nix one of each 8g's to the amps, you're not gaining a thing by having two in place.

Enjoy!

lol.. u interested in driving to NH and helping. lol. work in progress only for the stealth box.. not for the wiring .. at least not now

I wonder if i could cut and splice another 2 feet of wire and route it to the center console box?

i just spliced a 2way spliter behind the cigarette adapter. i didnt actually splice the xm power into it. 2way powers xm, and charges axim & gps

• 11 months later...
what are you running for wire to your speakers from the amp. those look like factory wire colors. I ended up running new line for my front door speakers back to my amp... didnt think the stock wiring could handle the 75rms i'm sending to my fronts...

what are you running for wire to your speakers from the amp. those look like factory wire colors. I ended up running new line for my front door speakers back to my amp... didnt think the stock wiring could handle the 75rms i'm sending to my fronts...

cat5 cable =)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n124/eb50/IMG_0651.jpg

Dumped the under powered JL amps and went with JBL Grand Touring Series

JBL GTO 75.4II Multi-Channel Amp

JBL GTO 601.1II Subwoofer Mono Amp

Sounds much cleaner and doesnt feel pushed at all.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n124/eb50/IMG_0651.jpg

Dumped the under powered JL amps and went with JBL Grand Touring Series

JBL GTO 75.4II Multi-Channel Amp

JBL GTO 601.1II Subwoofer Mono Amp

Sounds much cleaner and doesnt feel pushed at all.

This is the only pic I can see. All of the others on page 1 are X's.

• 1 year later...

is it just me or do these pictures not show up anymore??

I'm installing a stealth box this week and i would like to place my volume knob in place of the cigarette lighter that is under my stereo

i know there is a thread i just can't seem to find it anymore. is there by chance a walkthrough as to how i can place my subwoofer volume knob there?

Archived